How to set databasejoin element as readonly?

Thanks for your reply troester. If i set "form view" access to nobody, then i can not see the element anymore in that form. I need to keep the element visible because it holds viable information. I just want to make it read only like it can be done with a regular field element. Can I set it to read only by using javascript?

Did you try?
Form view= nobody (=can't be edited) + details view = public should show the element readonly

Yes i did. Well the element label is visible but the drop down box which shows the value is not. I could use the javascript tab i just do not know which property of that element i need to set to make it read only.

I can't replicate this. if I set 'form access' to something the logged on user isn't a member of, I see what I'd expect - a read only field with the existing value in it, when editing a row. Creating a row, it's just empty, again as I'd expect.

Are you running the 3.0.8 ZIP, or a recent github?

-- hugh

Well, I'd rather work out why it's behaving differently for you.

Can you fill out your My Sites info, so I can log in and check your settings?

-- hugh

Well the element label is visible but the drop down box which shows the value is not
Sure you won't see a dropdown box if it's readonly, you'll see only the value or "nothing" if the record doesn't contain a value.
And if you didn't set a default value (or fill the database column via some other way) and the element is readonly it will be empty for ever.

Sure you won't see a dropdown box if it's readonly, you'll see only the value or "nothing" if the record doesn't contain a value.
And if you didn't set a default value (or fill the database column via some other way) and the element is readonly it will be empty for ever.
I did set a value for the element in via the address line of the browser. Nevermind i already found the javascript code to disable the dropdown element. Thank you very much.

Yes it can be done. Just add &listname___elementname=someValue to the link. Works well in my place, and is described in Fabrik wiki somewhere. At least it was in the old version.

The possibility to set read-only elements via URL was a bug (it's ok for editable elements) which has been fixed in GitHub.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back