How to use fusionchart on F3

black.be3

Hi,
Can somebody please point me to some tutorial to use fusion chart viz on F3?
I've tried, but not able to us it....

We haven't had time to make any tutorials for f3 yet.

First thing is to make sure you have the right version of FusionCharts selected. You can only use the Free 2.2 or Pro v3 options if you have download one of those from FusionCharts, and uploaded the unzipped content to your Fabrik install, as per the tooltip on the version option.

BTW, you should probably update from github, as I just committed some changes to the Fusion Charts plugin.

I recommend you start with the Fusion Charts Free 2.2 version, which you can get from here:

http://www.fusioncharts.com/goodies/fusioncharts-free/

Unzip it, and upload the FusionChartsFree folder to:

./plugins/fabrik_visualization/fusioncharts/lib

Then select the "Free 2.2" as you FC version.

-- hugh

yes, i understand your question and wouldn't mind extra clarification on that also, there are two directories in /plugins/fabrik_visualization/fusioncharts/lib:
  • FCcharts
  • FCclass
so should we add the folder 'FusionChartsFree' to this location also?

i'll try it now and report back results, but if anyone knows?

thanks!

ok, so above steps worked and i can select 'Free 2.2'.

i have selected connection, table, and element, set the label step ratio to '2', chart type 'Area 2D', and element type to 'data set' and i am getting NaN on y-axis labels and no data seems to be showing in the visualization.

any advice on how to get the data showing?

all that is in this field in the database at the moment are ratings as defined from a drop down element with the values being integers from 1 - 5.

thank you!

did you select a label element? I tried replicating what you did and it worked for me.Were there any other settings to set?

wow! i didn't change anything and it is working in Fabrik 3.0.3-130. awesome! thanks!

Which is Pro 3?

Hi I have the free charts working. Thanks very much for the walk through here.

just wondered is Pro 3 what fusioncharts call powercharts

Cheers

Nope, it's what I think they call FusionCharts XT. Powercharts is a set of add-ons for XT.

There's actually very little that "Pro 3" does that you can't do with the 2.2 free version, at least in our plugin, as I haven't really made any code changes to take advantage of the additional chart types you get in XT. There's a few more special attributes you can specify in the custom settings, but those are fairly esoteric.

So I'd say unless you already own FusionCharts XT, the 2.2 freebie is the best version to go with. It removes the link to FC on all the charts, and adds most of the chart types and features you get in XT.

-- hugh

stupid question: where to you select 'Free 2.2'?

is it the name of a pug-in when you create a new 'visualization'? I'm asking because I don't see it.

I think I unzipped the file as said (see pictures)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 May. 31 13.16.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 May. 31 13.16.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 222
  • ScreenHunter_03 May. 31 13.18.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 May. 31 13.18.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 219
This is for the fusion chart viz which isn't not currently selectable as per your screenshot.

So you probably need to enable it in plugins, or discover and install it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back