https and form back button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

davez

Hi,

Because I'm using https on a sites now, if I perform a search on one of the Fabrik lists, I am then sending a POST to the list. Then if I click one of the listed records for a detail view, and then click the "back" button, it automatically tries to resend the POST on the list page. Firefox and other browsers do not allow that with secure connections.

I get this error from Firefox:
Document Expired
This document is no longer available.
The requested document is not available in Firefox's cache.As a security precaution, Firefox does not automatically re-request sensitive documents.
Click Try Again to re-request the document from the website.

Any idea about how to resolve this without hacking into the back button?

How come you're not using the following code for firefox? It seems to work fine these days.
components/com_fabrik/helpers/parent.php
Code:
public static function goBackAction()
    {
        jimport('joomla.environment.browser');
        if (JBrowser::getInstance()->isBrowser('msie'))
        {
            $gobackaction = 'onclick="parent.location='' . JArrayHelper::getValue($_SERVER, 'HTTP_REFERER') . ''"';
        }
        else
        {
            $gobackaction = 'onclick="parent.location='' . JArrayHelper::getValue($_SERVER, 'HTTP_REFERER') . ''"';
            //$gobackaction = 'onclick='history.back();'';
        }
        return $gobackaction;
    }

Okay, how about this:

Code:
    public static function goBackAction()
    {
        jimport('joomla.environment.browser');
        if (JBrowser::getInstance()->isBrowser('msie') || $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == 443) 
        {
        } else {
            $gobackaction = 'onclick='history.back();'';
        }
        return $gobackaction;
    }

I've applied that first change you suggested, it seems to work in all three (IE, FF and Chrome).

Change should be in github.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back