joezart

Hi

According to fabrik user manual 2.0 when creating an element
under table settings you have access to a dropdwon list to
choose the icon folder.

Using joomla 2.5.9 and fabrik 3.0.6.3 this dropdow list do
not show up.

QUESTIONS
Where is located this dropdown list on this fabrik's version?

or

How to tell fabrik where my png images are store?

In 3.1 the location dropdown has been replaced with a simple radio option, which tells us to start looking in the standard list of possible locations, starting with the ./images folder in whatever for template you are using.

The main element wiki page half way explains this:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/elements/

... and I'm trying to locate the wiki page that describe the way we search for images.

-- hugh

Thanks Cheesegrits

FIRST
Please note that I'm on a fabrik 3.0.6.3 version NOT 3.1

SECOND
Saw your link's info

• Replace with icons - If set to yes then fabrik will look for icons, in the standard template locations or within images or images/stories, with the same name as the table's data. If found then the data is replaced with the icon. See Image overrides for details
Situation:
Let's say for instance I have 2 "yesno" elements, and for each element I will have (obviusly) 2 icons (4 icons total), As I have to name images as the table's data.

element1 no=0
element1 yes=1
element2 no=0
element2 yes=1

QUESTION
How can I name these images to comply with fabrik's rules
How can I name these images avoding writting

Hmmm. You can't. Also, the New Way means that you'd have to clone a template if you had elements on different tables, with conflicting data values.

I suspect Rob wasn't thinking of this scenario when he changed the way 'replace data with icons' works.

Personally I think we need to go back to the Old Way, of specifying a folder on a per-element basis.

I'll raise a ticket on this one.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back