Import CSV from form in Front end

neilworley

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a plugin to import a csv file on the front end in a form much like the import facility on lists?

Regards,

Neil

Depends what you mean. You can enabled the CSV import feature for an existing list for front end use, under the Publishing tab.

If you mean something to import a CSV to create a new List from, like the "Import" button on the backend list management page then no.

-- hugh

Hugh,
Thank you so much. Yep exactly what I was looking for. However, still want more :).

When I activate I notice that it provides options by default to drop entries etc, ie. the options that are available for export csv. I tried disabling the options but to no avail.

Any ideas?

regards,

Neil

No sure what you mean?

If you set "Front End Options" to Yes, then we'll pop up the export dialog, with a variety of choices.

If you set "Front End Options" to No, then we'll skip the export dialog, and just run an export with the options you pre-set in the backend.

Is that not what you are seeing happen?

-- hugh

Guess I wasn't too clear.

I am getting the options on the CSV Import on the front end to Drop Data, Overwrite etc. I do not want the users having this ability I just want them to import.

i am just playing at the moment but here is a link to my website for the appropriate area and you can see what I mean when you click on Import:
http://worley.net.au/show/index.php/show-entry

Regards,

neil

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back