Importing package does not work

jfquestiaux

This export-import option is a great facility for this component. Thank you for providing it.

However, the first time I had to try it... it failed !
I export without problem the table and everything related but on importation on the other site, I get the following messages :

Upload fabrik_package-Acomptes.tgz - Upload Failed
ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.
[ Continue ... ]
Upload fabrik_package-Acomptes.tgz - Failed
Installation file not found:
/web/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/media/install_495683ab5db31/
[ Continue ... ]

(the xxxxxx are for the domain name)

Note that I used the Fabrik import package and not the Joomla installer even though the error message is a bit confusing.

Both Fabrik versions are the same, only the languages are different (export from French - import to English). I don't know whether it is relevant.

Since it is only one table, I will do it by hand (it is urgent), but I'd really like to have it working for another project.

Happy new year in the meantime.

Attachments

• fabrik_package-Acomptes.tgz
    8 KB · Views: 296
hi

yes this is a known issue, we will be working to fix this asap.

cheers
Rob

OK, I'll wait for the fix (though now I have 3 tables to transfer so it would be nice to have it working).

Hope you had some nice days off and enjoyed a good New Year's Eve.

Cheers.

Hi Rob,

is there any update on this topic? I do also want to import a package from my development site into the production site.
When I push the import butto, nothing happens.
Using fabrikar 2.0b3 SVN 1158

We've decided to defer working on packages until after the next release. Basically the solution we had wasn't stable enough for large imports and we'd prefer to release something stable asap

Ok that is clear.

perhaps you can insert a short notice in the meantime in the program to avoid confusing in the future, when pushing the import bottom (or shade the button).

Thx

Patrick

the entire packages menu should be disabled already unless you have the wip (work in progress) option turned on (found under tables->paramenters)
Is this not the case for you?

Cheers
ROb

On SVN1236 it indeed was, and I indeed turned it on.
Although I had expected, that "something" would had happen, even with the WIP flag on, when I pushed the import button.

Perhaps a misunderstanding from WIP

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back