internal server error inlineedit

nycreate

Hi All

I'm having an issue with inline edit showing Internal server error when trying to edit data.

click to edit field... pop up to change data... data changed... click save... loading bar spins a few times then internal server error appears in edit popup.
press cancel to close box. Data is saved however and is shown when page it refreshed.

F build: Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.6.3-857-ge94f230

This was working fine. I have only exported csv's and changed a few calc elements since it was working. I tried changing the calc elements back to previous and cleared cache but still get error.

Error happens on all fields in list :-S Any ideas? And yes Hugh i've already searched the forum for an answer! LOL!

Ive also noticed when inline editing it processes the form plugins.. how do I stop it from doing this. (I don't want to send out emails every time I edit a field in the list directly)

Thanks in advance.

something in the site is raising an error - can you send me an ftp account so I can debug please?

also can you re-install a default front end template and test with that to ensure its not the template that is causing the issue.

Default beez template still give error. :-S

must be something ive cocked up but can't find what... don't know if this is something to do with it but error log gives

[Fri Mar 08 09:18:41 2013] [warn] [client xx.xx.xxx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/plugins/fabrik_element/databasejoin/databasejoin.php on line 1910, referer: http://www.mydomain.com.com/tables/new-requests.html

Ive checked the database join elements and can't spot anything. The error doesn't happen on form submit.

Hi Rob, Ive tracked this down to a validation in one particular field element.

This validation works in form but gives the error using inline edit in the list.

the validation is 'not empty'

return {table___order_stat_raw} == tracking;

There are no data rows in the list that contained this when testing.

Is there a way we can disable all validations and form plugins when using inline edit?

Regards

Well, that's flat out syntactically incorrect PHP, and would always have been tossing either a warning or an error (depending whether order_stat had a value or not). You probably haven't noticed it before on normal form submission because we trap errors from eval'ed code, to prevent the entire page from blowing up. We should however put up a J! notice with the PHP error in it, and I'll take a look at why that's not happening.

I presume that's in the "Condition"? In which case, that validation would probably either have always been running, or not running at all, depending on exactly how we've coded the test for the validation condition, and whether "the code went BANG" is considered 'true' or 'false'.

Anyway, try this:

PHP:
return '{table___order_stat_raw}' == 'tracking';

-- hugh

Apologies, I just copied and pasted this from the old site (which the validation worked for some reason).

Back to my other query..... is there an option to turn off processing form plugins when using inlineedit? everytime I edit a field it sends out an email, but would like it not to do this and only send emails when submitting from the details form.

Regards.

no option in the inline edit plugin I'm afraid.
Perhaps you could a condition in the email plugin?

Code:
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$input =$app->input;
$inline = $input->get('fabrik_ajax') && $input->getInt('elid', 0) !== 0;
return !$inline;

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back