joomla cache

aldan

if I turn on caching in joomla, I get this on fabrik forms and lists:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /components/com_content/router.php on line 27

known thing?

thanks

hmm... maybe not?

anyway, the reason I am asking is because now and then my website spikes the CPU over 100%, the host provider gets mad, and I read somewhere that enabling cache helps.

thanks

Hi
what cache settings are you using?
What version of fabrik are you using?

I run several sites with file caching on and dont see this issue, which im not even sure is fabrik related as the error occurs in com_content's router?

joomla 2.5 updates, fabrik 3 updated from github, cache has 3 settings, off, moderate and progressive. Anything but "off" generates the error in anything involving fabrik. The rest of the joomla pages work fine

thanks

any non-standard plugins or templates being used?
I just can't see it being just our code here, as the error occurs in com_content

hmm... template is based on Purity for 1.5 that I modified for joomla 2
plugins?... don't think so... JCE, widgetkit, Akeeba backup, Admin tools, Sourcerer, a Google map plugin. I usually install these as standard in my joomla sites

you're right, it seems to come from the template, if i change it it works.
and... it seems to come from the way the page is requested, because, if i open the page with fabrik stuff, THEN turn on the cache and refresh, it will show normally.

weird that it happens with fabrik only.
shouldn't the menu module be requested the same way, based on position, no matter the template?

thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back