Joomla groups and list view permissions

Berkey

This is probably as much a Joomla question as a Fabrik one, so apologies if off topic. I am trying to build a list view and control edits by group membership. I am not understanding how this should be implemented. I have a sales history list showing as a tab in communitybuilder that is filtered on viewing user. This works well. But on the List -Access - Edit Records permissions dropdown I only see primary Joomla groups.

If anyone can shed light on how this is normally achieved I would appreciate the insight. I am not sure how groups are meant to be applied.

Use case:
I want each of my customers to have access to their sales item history with the ability to perform actions based on group membership. The idea is that every sale is tied to a company group, and each company group has at least one "admin" that can manage other members at the company level. So imagine a company admin can add a user to their company group and only an admin can perform and action such as place a new order or modify the shipping address. A plain company user can only view items purchased and datasheets for the items.

Group hierarchy:
Registered-Customer-CompanyName-CompanyNameAdmin

Fabrik access (list, element...) is dealing with Joomla access levels, not user groups.
So add the access levels you need, assign to you user groups, select in list access and/or element access settings (e.g. shipping address element may have add access=customer, edit access= admin ...)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back