List buttons rendered as Dropdown - Not Critical.

jo-ka

I know we're still in Beta, but just for the knowledge, this option doesn't work with Shaper Helix Ultimate template, on a new J!4 and F!4 installation - PHP 8.1.15, Joomla 4.2.6, and Fabrik Beta4b Release

upload_2023-2-14_20-14-38.png

upload_2023-2-14_20-17-37.png

Last edited:
This looks ok, "Render as Dropdown" will display the dropdown caret and open the dropdown with the buttons on click (same as in F3).

Doesn't it open on click in your case? Is it ok with Cassiopeia (or Atum in the backend)?

I beleive I was the one who worked on this for F4 and I use Helix Ultimate. It was working for me at the time.

It seems it's not (longer) working.
I didn't know Helix Ultimate, I just installed it and the list dropdown caret doesn't open on sites with Helix Ulimate.

This looks ok, "Render as Dropdown" will display the dropdown caret and open the dropdown with the buttons on click (same as in F3).

Doesn't it open on click in your case? Is it ok with Cassiopeia (or Atum in the backend)?

Yes, it works with Cassiopeia, but not with Helix Ultimate. Even though it's not so beauty :D:D

upload_2023-2-17_8-35-54.png

Gantry Framework, one of the most used by my websites, it also works, but the result is not so good. If the table has no records, also the dropdown menu is under the frame.

upload_2023-2-17_8-39-34.png

components\com_fabrik\layouts\listactions
dropdown.zip
should solve the position and the 'beauty' Cassiopeia links

Attachments

• dropdown.zip
    660 bytes · Views: 82
Hello @troester.

I've just uploaded the file and checked out the behavior with Cassiopeia template, but it still displays under the framebox... I'm I missing something?

upload_2023-2-18_8-30-35.png

Obviously you didn't scroll down to the end of your frame.
BTW: Where is this vertical scrolling coming from.

Obviously you didn't scroll down to the end of your frame.
BTW: Where is this vertical scrolling coming from.

@troester , I didn't scroll down because, in my test list, I have just one record. So, also me thought this strange behavior, as I didn't expect any vertical scroll but, on a fresh J!4 and F!4, with a test list, with Cassiopeia default template and Dropdown buttons, this is what I'm having.

I'm also posting an image in a list with 3 records . With 3 records, when you select the dropdown works OK and the vertical scroll bar is not displayed but, if you try to open the second or the third, there it comes the vertical scroll bar. So, it looks like the dropdown menu can't find enough space to render and, because it's rendering inside the frame, there it comes the bar.

Sorry my dummy language, but as I'm not a coder, this is the way I can express myself. :p:D

Can you please test in a new list with just one record as me?

upload_2023-2-18_10-32-13.png

upload_2023-2-18_10-33-1.png

upload_2023-2-18_10-34-55.png

And... Probably I've shoud check this before... It's the exact same behavior in J!3. Sorry for making you waste your time.

Anyway, if this can be improved, IMHO, it's a good improvement.

upload_2023-2-18_10-51-29.png

This is only if your list is wide and there's already a horizontal scrollbar.
You can remove
Code:
overflow-x:auto;
from bootstrap/template_css.php (I think I'll remove it in Fabrik 4, if needed/wanted it can be added in custom_css.php)

I can't find a CSS/HTML setting to prevent the dropdown to create a vertical scrollbar if it's extending the list height in this case.
If there's no horizontal scrollbar it's ok.
It somebody knows a trick...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back