List js not working.

m6xmed5

Nothing happens when clicking the list button for the javascript code except the page seems to jump back to the top.
I've tried loading my script from file and using the code area in the admin back end both with the same result. I also tried using the test.js script in the js folder but still nothing happens.

I'd really appreciate some help with this.

About my system.

Fabrik 3.5.2 on joomla 3.6
Exmium bootstrap template.
Running on ampps apache with php version 5.3
The site is internal only so unfortunately I can't post links.
If need be I can provide access through Logmein.

Marc

I really can't do much if I can't access the site. It works OK for me on my various test setups. And I can't do "bespoke" logmein / teamviewer sessions in Standard support.

If it's jumping to the top of the page, that sounds like you have a JS error, probably when loading the page, so the list JS plugin is never getting initialized.

If you open Dev Tools (in whatever browser you are using, I recommend Chrome) do you see an JS errors when loading the page?

-- hugh

Using firebug there are no console errors I havn't tried it on chrome I will do in the morning. It doesn't work on internet explorer either.
I havn't made any mods to the fabrik code so I guess that would leave a possible issue with the template.
I will see what I can do about making the site accessible on the www.

I've just tried on chrome as well, no console errors Jquery is loaded. I've decided it would be too much of a risk to open our network work to the www, can you pm me a price to sort it out, it would be over a logmein vpn.

I think it's bootstrap 3, its on the ysg framework. I've just seen your alt layouts for bootstrap 3 I'll give that a try.

Turns out Eximium is bootstrap 2, I put the custom layouts in the template folder just to see what would happen. It didn't change anything.
Js Runs ok on protostar, my template has a compatibility issue. It might be worth also pointing out that on the Eximium template, the icons don't show for the delete record button and the js list plugin button.
Do you guys have any ideas what I can do to fix this without changing the template?

Edit: I just found some template documentation.
https://yjsimplegrid.com/documentation/extend/adding-custom-javascript.html

Will fabrik still recocgnise my custom js if it move it to the folder it tells me to on here?

Last edited:
If it's bootstrap2 the bootstrap3 layouts won't help.

Did you try with Protostar to see if it's working in principle?

YJSG v2 base scripts are written by our in house developers and are completely modular, lightweight and feature rich. Base Javascripts like menus, tabs, panels, off-canvas, sliders, accordions do not rely on Bootstrap and are written as jQuery plugins thus are easier to troubleshoot and are compatible with any Joomla! version.

CSS and HTML are completely revamped and are coded mobile first. CSS framework structure is Bootstrap independent and we added an option to turn Bootstrap ON/OFF. This way we can assure you that your Joomla! extension will run very smoothly on our framework or it can be adjusted to play nice in matter of few clicks.
This sounds like YJSG doesn't use Bootstrap by default.
Did you turn this option on?

I found an option on the template backend where I was able to change the bootstrap version to 3, I've done that and the template looks a lot nicer now but still no Javascript.

Edit: I just found some template documentation.
https://yjsimplegrid.com/documentation/extend/adding-custom-javascript.html

Will fabrik still recocgnise my custom js if it move it to the folder it tells me to on here?

I think the way the framework is loading stops the fabrik javascript from being allowed to load.

To save you from going off site it says;

To use $YjsgCustomJS first move your Javascript file to site_root/template/yjsg_template_name/src/

To add multiple files add this line in yjsg_custom_params.php

PHP:
    $YjsgCustomJS= array();
    $YjsgCustomJS[] = $yj_site.'src/my_new_js_file.js';
    $YjsgCustomJS[] = $yj_site.'src/my_new_js_file2.js';

Do you think if I copy the js files rather than move them it will work? or could I do
PHP:
$YjsgCustomJS[] = $yj_site.'../../plugins/fabrik_list/js/scripts/my_new_js_file.js';

Edit: this does load the js but after every page load on every page.

Some more head scratching required...

Last edited:
Update: after switching to bootstrap3 then back to bootstrap 2 I'm getting errors in firebug console when I click any of the list check boxes and click the dropdown for the buttons;

GET
http://*******/media/com_fabrik/js/dist/requestqueue.js [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 1ms]
Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24932
GET
http://*******/plugins/system/yjsg/assets/bootstrap2/img/glyphicons-halflings-white.png [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 4ms]
Empty string passed to getElementById().

Another update: I spent a few hours trawling boards for a solution and came across this, http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?t=14198 it's an issue you guys have already seen. It looks like the template devs have given up trying to resolve it.
I don't particularly want to migrate to another template but functionality comes before looks for me, do you guys recommend giving up on this?
Would there be any objection to a note in the list js wiki saying the plugin is not compatible with the latest ysg framework as to save others hours of work trying to solve the unsolvable?

Marc

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back