list layout in article is a mess

Racmitch

Hi Guys,
I started a new fabrik project in 3.2 on J3.4 this time round, I have been pretty successful with the results of creating forms and having the form look and function good. My issue is with the "view-list" It extends way past the article width of the page, the older version of fabrik I used for the last project would stay within the confines of the article width and if the view had a lot of elements it would automatically create a scroll bar at the bottom of the list. It seems it don't do that in 3.2 so the list extends off the page. It also does not truncate the element "label" so I have 30 words in one column and 5 in another, looks very sloppy. It is also adding a horizontal row under the actual list that says "sum 0" I have no idea what that is, never seen it before in the older fabrik version?? I have tested this list view in prostar and beez before using RT templates and it does the same thing no matter what template I use. I'm attaching a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm sure it's in the boostrap css file or view css, but using firebug, I can for the life of me find where the file, or commands are that will let me correct this issue, please help.

For Hugh, sorry to hear that your recovery didn't go as smoothly as planned, and I hope your on your way now. We still want to do the project with you we talked about in our call, so that project and the cash for it is still open and on the table.
fabrik.jpg

scroll bar
add custom CSS to you list template
#listform_$c .fabrikDataContainer {overflow:auto}
It also does not truncate the element "label"
I think this is the same as in 2.5. You can add a short "Heading label" in element's list view settings.

horizontal row under the actual list that says "sum 0"
Looks like you have enabled an element calculation in your element "5. Leaders..."

Thank you very much troester for your help, you guys rock!!!....one more quick question if i may please, if I have let's say, 3 forms on a page(article) with the "print" button enabled for each form, I click the print button on form #2 or 3 it always opens the print window showing form number 1 never the latter form to which I clicked the print button. it did this on older versions of fabrik as well and I would really like to have the form that i clicked the print for show up in the print window and not always the first form on the page?

thanks troester, I have no idea what that means, is it the issue or the solution? If solution do I place the code snippet in one of the css files, php, @media, just a bit confused.... The little explanation says : "so never updating form/rowid if there are multiple forms in one article. it's working if this is commented out but I assume there's a reason for this code..."

this is the code snippet i'm talking about from the git

public static function printURL($formModel)
{
if (isset(self::$printURL))
{
return self::$printURL;
}

It's thought as a hint for Rob/Hugh.

If you do
public static function printURL($formModel)
{
if (isset(self::$printURL))
{
//return self::$printURL;
}
in components\com_fabrik\helpers\html.php

the print buttons are working but I have no idea if this will break anything else.

also I placed a shortened text snippet in the "Heading Label" in the elements view list area, saved and nothing happened, is there something I need to enable, or do elsewhere?

scratch the last question, the headings are working the server was slow with changes...sorry, so just need the print button issue defined a bit better and I'm good to go.

You can edit ....components\com_fabrik\helpers\html.php
line 476 (and line 554 for the email link)

But this is at your own risk (and you'll have to do it again after a GitHub update as long as there's no fix in GitHub).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back