Making a Databasjoin element Read Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, same question, different element type.

Can anyone tell me how to make a databasejoin element Read Only in an Update Form?

In this scenario the Tender Invitation record was added and the procurement department "invites" the vendor to tender by selecting the vendor using the databasejoin/dropdown.

THEN the vendor will log in an upload the registration documents required to qualify for the tender.

Now the procurement department must Review the Registration documentation that was upload on this Tender Invitation record BUT I HAVE to stop him from accidentally change the vendor but at the same time I still need to display this Element.

Hi there,

Not even ONE answer after 2 days? Did I I somehow use up my Silver Allocation?????

I DID try Two ways - I added this to the LOAD event .. I have another function on here that DOES trigger. I now want to add code to force this DATABASEJOIN element to a readonly state when the element gets loaded as there are no Option on the setttings for it

one example I got from the forum somewhere ..(Does not work)

$('tender_invitees___tender_vendor_id').setAttribute('disabled', 'disabled');
$('tender_invitees___tender_vendor_id').addClass('readonly');

One provided by Felixkat, (does not work,) but maybe I applied the syntax wrong ....

$('tender_invitees___tender_vendor_id', 'tender_invitees___tender_vendor_id').set('readOnly', true);

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi
Sorry about the delay.
If your 'procurement department' user is in its own group/access level. Then set the db join element's access controls so that its viewable for the user but not editable.
This will set the db join to render as text and not as a dropdown.

hth
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back