Maximum amount of elements in 1 form/table?????

Pena

hi,

i was wondering if there is a maximum amount of elements allowed in 1 form....

i have a massive application form that requires 3 upload fields, and all up, it has 90 elements...... yes its a massive form.

now the problem is when i am testing the form, on submit, it doesnt re-direct to a thankyou page, or to a bounce page, it just kinda refreshes the form.

at the moment while i am testing, i am not sending an email on submit, i am just storing in the database. but when i go to table view, it all shows up as a massive amount of code.... and it wont export to csv either....

here is the error i recieve at the end of the code:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/geddy/public_html/website/components/com_fabrik/views/table/view.html.php on line 381

If you want to PM a backend login, I'll take a look. Remember to include a link back to this thread.

-- hugh

ok, well i think i may have made some progress..... i realized that i had made a couple of element id's too long.... i have shortened them down and the code is no longer filling the table view.
the problem is, NOTHING is filling the table view.... its empty.

i have tried a few variations but it still wont store data or upload the files.

i didnt mention this before, but the files are not uploading to the directory i have set up for them either.

so i think it has something to do with that element (file upload).

anyone???

The problem is, the form is failing validation. But because you haven't set any of the "Error message" text on any of the element validations, or on the Form itself, there was no visual clues showing you that it had failed validation.

Oh, and that would explain the uploads as well, as we don't process uploads if a validation failure occurs.

I set the form Error Message, so it now says "Danger, Will Robinson!" at the top of the form, but I don't have time to go thru and set messages on all the individual elements that have validations. You'll have to do that so you can see which which specific elements are failing.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back