multilingual site

jbadiag

Hi, I have a multilingual site where I need to translate all the content that I write in fabrik forms
I've read how to translate the labels in http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...tself/#in-mysql-replace-with-your-real-prefix
but I don't see (or don't understand) how to translate the content. Do I need to create another form and introducing the data again or there's another way to do it , like create in the same form different fields for every lang? for example name_EN, name_ES, name_RU...
Thanks

like create in the same form different fields for every lang? for example name_EN, name_ES, name_RU...
Yes, this is (at least one) possibility.
An other one (having multiple records, one for each language) see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...lingual-with-fabrik-itself/#multilingual-data

With multiple elements it's easier to translate (translator can see all elements in one form) but more complicated to display. You'll need multiple menu items and/or multiple lists and/or custom templates.

Last edited:
Let's see if I catch it: I have a list/form with common elements (like images) and different elements (like tittle_CA, tittle_ES, tittle_EN)
How can I show in a details view, only the element of the selected language and show the common elements too?
for example, I want to show, when I choose english lang, only tittle_EN and the other common elements and hide tittle_CA, tittle_ES...
Is it possible?

Depending on the application you are building, it might be easier to have multiple rows, as described in the wiki.

To hide and show different postfixed element names, you'd need to come up with some custom Javascript.

-- hugh

I prefer that for each row to use different elements, like tittle_ca, tittle_en, description_ca, description_en, but I dont Know how to show them depending on the language selected.
How can I know it? maybe with URL (if lang=ES then hide EN elements)...?

You can do it with custom templates (list/form/details) displaying only the elements of the active language.
or
You can copy your main list (once for every language), disable all "wrong" elements and use the correct lists per language menu item.

THANKS, you have given me a good idea with the lists and elements per list in each language!
perfect! it will do the trick.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back