Multiple forms, reuse groups?

kebmsmith

If I want to be able to have two different kinds of customer fill out a form to put data into the same table and reuse as many of the fields as possible, how do I do this?

If I create a new form and look for groups to add to it, the groups I used on my original form are not available.

Does this mean that for a new form, I have to create a new table and all the groups again?
--
Kevin

Copy your list: this will create a new set list/form/groups/elements, but all working on the same underlying database table.

You can modify what you need (access, templates, filters...).
The copied elements are "linked" to their parents (so changes to parents element settings will change child element).
Editing the child element you can check the box to unlink it.

Copy your list: this will create a new set list/form/groups/elements, but all working on the same underlying database table.

You can modify what you need (access, templates, filters...).
The copied elements are "linked" to their parents (so changes to parents element settings will change child element).
Editing the child element you can check the box to unlink it.

One table, many forms

That did the trick, thanks very much. So now I can add fields to the same table that are unique to the new form/list, right? You don't have to answer - that was a rhetorical question. I'm going to go do it. If it doesn't work, I'll ask what I did wrong.

Thanks again!
--
Keb'm

Back