puntino

Hello

Windows 7 HP 64bit SP1
Joomla 2.5.11
php 5.4.3
Apache 2.4.2
SQL 5.5.24
Fabrik 3.0.7

Update from 3.07 V 3.09 by installing the new version from the installation package over the existing installation. For security reasons the update was performed on a local WAMP environment.

The database contains among other fields an image. After the update the table shows only the image path instead of the image. The path is correct. To show the images again, it is good enough to open a record and save it. With some 300 plus records it is very cumbersome to open and save every record.

Why is it displaying the path only and what can I do to solve this problem?

thx for every tip
puntino

Is this an image or fileupload element?
I didn't test. But you can try to edit the element and remove or add a / at the start of folder definition.

it's an image element. I tried your proposal. Folder definition was images/children which I changed to /images/children.
This is worse as now the image-dropdown in the form is empty.

Yes, on my site it's only working with images/xxx, too.
Do you have access to your database (e.g. phpMyAdmin)?
Check the difference between the old and new (working) image string.
On my site (fabrik3.0.9 + github) the image is stored as "/name.jpg", maybe in 3.0.7 it was stored without leading /.

Good idea!
The image string of the old string is: images/children/name.jpg
The image string after the local installation - untouched is the same: images/children/name.jpg
After opening and closing the record (the image is diplayed correctly) it changes to: /children/name.jpg
I just noticed that the SQL servers on remote and local setup are different. Remote is Version 5.1.70-log, local 5.5.24. Could this create the change?
Nevertheless I don't know where to start. I now can change the strings with a query, but this is a patch. Who is responsible for the change? SQL or Fabrik? How about future updates?

hi
Sorry about the trouble you had upgrading. That image element had a lot of work done to it between 3.0.7 and 3.0.9 and I guess at some point we have failed to maintain backwards compatibility. We're pretty much done with the plugin and aren't going to be making any large scale changes with it as we move forward, and its certainly not our policy to introduce changes which break backwards compatibility so further upgrades shouldn't present the same issue.

If you are confident with using phpmyadmin you can run this query to update all of the columns' data:

This will only work IF the data you want to update has a single occurrence of 'images' in it, e.g. if you images paths are something like "images/children/my-images/name.jpg" do not do the following, but let me know and I'll think of an alternative solution.

So first back up the database :)
then.... go to the sql tab in phpmyadmin and enter:

Code:
UPDATE yourtable
SET yourImageField = REPLACE (yourImageField , 'images', '')

press the "go" button to run the query - all the table's image data should be updated.
replace 'yourtable' with the name of the database table that contains the image element's data.
replace the two instances of 'yourImageField' with the field that corresponds to the image element

Thx for your answer, alas It does not solve my problem. I have repeated the entire process again step by step. Here are the results:

Table: children
Field: chi_picture
path in the field definition: images/children. There are no further subfolders. All images are stored in this path

The path before Update to Fabrik 3.0.9 was images/children/child_picture.jpg. The pics are visible in table and form.

After the update, this path his still the same. However, the pictures are not visible neither in table nor in the form. The path seems to be right as the dropdown shows all picture names. If I just open any record and save it without touching anything in the form, the path changes to /child_picture.jpg. (NOT /children/child_picture.jpg as mentioned earlier.) The picture becomes visible in table and form.

I have then applied the query which I changed to:

UPDATE children
SET chi_picture = REPLACE (chi_picture , 'images/children', ' ')

This works fine. After the query the paths of all records change to the correct path /child_picture.jpg. However, the pictures do not become visible and in the form, the path is unknown and the dropdown is empty.
In other words, after the SQL query, the path his changed correctly in the record but Fabrik seems to ignore it.

I have attaches a PDF showing this in a table form. Maybe this helps helping ;-)

BTW: I do not receive mail notifications if thread is updated.

Attachments

• Fabrik.pdf
    333.7 KB · Views: 411
That fix really should have worked.

It's possible that the form is being cached, and Fabrik isn't reloading data from the table.

Can you try turning caching off for that list? I think we put that feature in 3.0.9, under the Advanced settings for the list.

-- hugh

Thx Cheesegrits. I turned caching off on all tables but nothing changed. Maybe I did not understand it correctly, however. Should I have done that before the upgrade or before performing the query? I did it now, after all the activities mentioned above.
Sorry for the silly question. .

Rolf

any further ideas on this issue? any other wways to get support? Do I really have to edit all my data manually, because an update does not work as it should?

hi
Sorry this one feel of the radar. Without seeing the site I'm a bit stuck as to what to suggest. Is there a way you could give us access to it - either by publishing it to a web server or setting up something like https://ngrok.com/ to enable us to access your local test server.

no problem. I'll upload it to my providers server and give you the credentials. What stage would you like to have it? a) before the update or b) after it. If b), just updated or after all the measures given in this forum so far, i.e. the current state? And where shall I send the credentials?

Since my provider hosts several of my sites and I used the same name for the temporary site, it was mixed up by the DNS server and all changes took place on both sites, the "real one" and the temporary one. Now the names are different, hence no more problems. You find the credentials on http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/ as requested. Sorry for the confusion.

hi - I think you missed off supplying the Joomla password, and whilst you are there an ftp account would be great, so if there is something to be fixed I can do it right away.

thx
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back