Nocaptcha and Firefox

annekas

Hi, all. I couldn't post in the other thread about this from January regarding issues with the newer nocaptcha. Since I have not found any solutions to this issue, I want to follow up on this and verify a possible solution.

I changed from the standard captcha to nocaptcha on my Fabrik forms and some of my folks using Firefox, including me, were having validation issues. There may have been issues with MS Edge in Windows 10 as well, but I have not tested this.

I changed my forms back to Standard on my live site and went to my sandbox to try some things.

In order to have the original standard captcha field marked as required, I set a validation of notempty on it. I didn't change this when I changed the captcha to the nocaptcha option. Solving the captcha appeared to go as expected, but on submitting the form, we were getting an error message directing the user to complete the field.

I removed the validation on the field and it worked. Now, with apologies for a question that should be self-evident, I will ask just to verify for the record.

Am I correct in surmising that the captcha field is its own validation and does not need one applied?

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back