Non-Default Plugin Update(Solved)

nobicycle

Greetings.
Fabrik core and default plugins can be kept up to date by the Github method. I was wondering about non-default plugins, such as form-juser-plug-in. What is the best way of detecting new versions and updating for non-default plugins? Scraping the version from fabrikar.com?

I noticed installed extension directories and github extension directories appear to be the same, except for the layouts directory, that I suppose we ignore. But I did find one other difference by random checking. There was a script directory with a single script in.

What parts of the github extension directories should be ignored?
Where should they copied? ../joomla/plugins?
Is manual copy equivalent to using Joomla Admin or the Joomla API (http://www.dionysopoulos.me/installing-joomla-extensions-from-the-command-line)?

Thanks.
Conclusion .. just copy the (almost) the whole fabrik github directory.
Is there any performance issue, apart from a tiny amount of disk space, in having ALL extensions siting on the server? Is it better in production to just install required extensions?

Thanks to Troester.
I wanted to take a look at the SMS form, that was never installed as a zip file, but I couldn't find it from Joomla's admin interface, even though because of github update it exists on disk in the right place with correct permissions. I tried to do an upload the zip file via Joomla Admin and got this error:
Extension Install: Another plugin is already using the named directory: /srv/http/joomla/plugins/fabrik_form/sms. Are you trying to install the same extension again?

How do deal with extensions that have never been installed through Joomla Admin, but which are already present through github update? Install them BEFORE github update?

With GitHub you are updating all files (of all installed or not installed plugins), after the update you are running the new code immediatly
After a GitHub update you should do the "Post GitHub steps" so Joomla will know about the new versions and won't show you available updates.
Download zip files and Joomla updates will have "older" code than a recent GitHub update, don't mix.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...s/#installing-and-enabling-additional-plugins

With GitHub you are updating all files (of all installed or not installed plugins), after the update you are running the new code immediatly
After a GitHub update you should do the "Post GitHub steps" so Joomla will know about the new versions and won't show you available updates.
I'm not mixing. I completely replace the fabrik directories under Joomla and perform the Post GitHub steps.

But, ...

I believe the steps are in error in one place.

• Go to Extensions > Extension Manager > Discover
    Discover.JPG
  • Click 'Purge Cache'iconand then 'Discover'icon
In the past I never saw a complete list of Fabrik extensions because I literally followed the instructions: Go to Discover, Click Purge Cache, Click Discover Icon.

In fact that sequence should be preceded with Click Discover Icon, otherwise the extensions never show up and get purged. The full sequence should be:Go to Discover, Click Discover Icon, Click Purge Cache, Click Discover Icon.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back