Not save changed databasejoin value on form used as related data

Hi,

I have a problem at front-end when use from list (parent + child) - a form1 that is linked to this list as related data.
When add new child-record to choosen parent-record using this form1 i can't change after opening form1 "parent-record".

Child-record is linked to parent-record with databasejoin field "Nazwa" - {ccjom_cc_srodki_ochrony_wymiana___nazwa} and when open form1 field "Nazwa" has "start value" proper for "start parent-record" - but sometimes user need change the value of databasejoin field "Nazwa" (what means also change of parent-record) - a problem is that always only "start value" of databasejoin field is saved when save form1.

Problem is at front-end only, at back-end (AP) is OK.

I try the same "change" on similar list with also form that was related data some period of time ago and i seem that it was worked.
Is possible to solve this bug?

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_523.png
    Zaznaczenie_523.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Zaznaczenie_524.png
    Zaznaczenie_524.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 349
  • Zaznaczenie_525.png
    Zaznaczenie_525.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 382
  • Zaznaczenie_526.png
    Zaznaczenie_526.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Zaznaczenie_527.png
    Zaznaczenie_527.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 359
  • Zaznaczenie_528.png
    Zaznaczenie_528.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 365
Changing the join selection seems to work for me on both the front and back end, when I use a related data "Add" link, and change the selection for the foreign key join (the FK, the one that gets preset to the "parent").

How are the access controls set on your FK element?

-- hugh

For me this doesn't work.
FK - see on screen shoot

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_541.png
    Zaznaczenie_541.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Zaznaczenie_542.png
    Zaznaczenie_542.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 344
This doesn't work for me also in case "2":
I try set FK element "Nazwa fff" as not editable field (without possibility to change to other value) and then FK element is even not visible/printed on my form.
CC-ISO-Pracownicy-p = CC-ISO-workers-level

See screen shot for case "2"

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_543.png
    Zaznaczenie_543.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 331
  • Zaznaczenie_544.png
    Zaznaczenie_544.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Zaznaczenie_545.png
    Zaznaczenie_545.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 317
Those screenshots of access controls really don't tell me anything. I guess what I meant was "does the user submitting the form has write access to the FK element"? Are they a member of the group you have set for the "Form" ACL?

If you set access to "Public" as a test, does that change anything?

-- hugh

FK = ccjom_cc_srodki_ochrony_wymiana___nazwa
All users that are writting/submitting the form are a members of group CC-ISO-pracownicy-p (=CC-ISO-our_workers-level) --- the group is set as "Form" ACL.
When i set access to "Public" that doesn't change anything.
:-(

This issue is not depending on related data but on setting a dbjoin default via URL in general:
on save the dbjoin element is ignoring any change if its default is set in the URL.
No problem to change the dbjoin if the default is defined in element settings.

Troester: For me this depends on this: when form1 is used as "+" = related data - then i can't change-and-save_changed_value.
When i use only form1 as simply Menu_item=fabrik_form then i can change_and-save_changed value.

I tested that this doesn't depend on "default" - if default is set or if is not set this doesn't matter for my problem.

I have this problem not only for my new Issue:CC-19 --- several lists and forms for one "topic=CC-19" but also for my old Issues that where written earlier and some period ago this "change" on form used as "related data" was worked and now is something damaged with this.

friendly bump,

hi, this is priority=1 for me,
This is something what earlier has worked and was damaged for me with some GitHub actualisation,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back