How to set up the Notes Element option?

Table
Id
Notes
Foreign Key
Where
Where value or statement

Tnx.

You need to create another table (list) to use as the notes table. That will need to have, at a minimum, three fields

id - the primary key
parent_id - a foreign key field, storing the rowid of the main table row each note is associated with
note - usually a textarea element for the note itself

The fields can be called whatever you want, I'm just using those names for convenience.

Then in the note element, select your notes table as the table, 'id' as the ID, 'note' as the Note, and 'parent_id' as the "Foreign Key" and the "Where".

You can optionally use fields in the note table for userid and date.

So for example ...

http://screencast.com/t/fv62PYG9

On my "Map Stuff" list I have a note element, which uses my "Map Notes" list/table for the notes.

-- hugh

You need to create another table (list) to use as the notes table. That will need to have, at a minimum, three fields

id - the primary key
parent_id - a foreign key field, storing the rowid of the main table row each note is associated with
note - usually a textarea element for the note itself

The fields can be called whatever you want, I'm just using those names for convenience.

Then in the note element, select your notes table as the table, 'id' as the ID, 'note' as the Note, and 'parent_id' as the "Foreign Key" and the "Where".

You can optionally use fields in the note table for userid and date.

On my "Map Stuff" list I have a note element, which uses my "Map Notes" list/table for the notes.

-- hugh

Thank you cheesegrits. I made a good table, but I made a mistake in filling notes plugin.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back