NOW IM BEGGING :: PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arobq

I'm using Fabrik Version 1.0.4

This is my 3rd post without a reply, I have to go live with my site immediately but I cant rectify a issue that occurs now that I transferred my site to a new directory:

it works here:
click submit without filling in data, the validation errors come up - this works perfect:

http://test.oktane.net/lovethejourney/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=88

Now the same files, same database but transfered to the live directory, click submit and it goes to a page that says "Sorry this form is unpublished"

http://www.lovethejourney.net/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=88

This makes no sense at all, its the same site just in a different directory. Please help, I need to take this live and have no idea why it is not working.

Andy,
How did you move your files to the new directory? I went through this yesterday, and the first time I got all kinds of problems to do with file permissions.
If you inspect the Submit button with Firebug you can see that the hidden field 'Referrer' is not being filled in.
Hope this helps
Belinda

Hi Belinda,

Thank you for your reply, as you can imagine I'm stressed out big time.

I used and FTP program called Filezilla to transfer the files to the live directory. Do you have a better option?

I just checked the permissions in my test directory and live directory and found a difference in the components directory. I changed the permissions but I'm still getting the same issue.

I have firebug and i did an inspection of the submit button but I'm not sure what to do beyond that ( i basically use firebug to tweak CSS ), it seems that there is also a problem with my login as well ( which was not created with Fabrik ), I'm at a total loss. I have no idea what to change or do at this point. So basically since I transferred my site all my forms now go to a page that says "sorry this form is not published " when submitted. If you have any other insights I would greatly appreciated it. I have not had any kind of problems like this with any other sites that I have created with Joomla.

Thank you again for taking the time try to help me with this,

Andy

It's suspicous that the Itemid=88 on both sites. Are you sure the menu item for that page is 88 on both sites?

If you want to PM me an admin login I'll take a look at this for you, but I'll only be online for another hour or two before I have to drive the final 10 hour leg back home from my Thanksgiving travels.

-- hugh

Hi hugh.

I sent it to you a couple more times, do you see it? You have the same user name and password as the last time you helped me.

I see two potential problems on that form.

First, you have the "Process CURL script" set to "as soon as form is submitted", and no script is specified. So that form will just fizzle.

Also, the jump page is set to something that may or may not make sense.

Unfortunately, I can't save any changes because there seems to be JavaScript errors on that page preventing the Save buttons from working. And as I'm on the road, I don't have Firefox with Firebug avalable on this machine, so I can't tell you what the errors are. IE simply tells me "access denied" as an errror when I open the form admin page, so I suspect you may still have some file permission problems.

I also noticed you are running an old version of Fabrik. I strongly suggest you upgrade to the latest SVN version, or at least the most recent 1.04 (you seem to be running 1.04beta from Feb, we released the official 'gold' 1.04 earlier this month). I would suggest spending a little time to get setup with Tortoise SVN so you can use the latest and greatest code, details in my sig.

When you update, DO NOT uninstall and reinstall Fabrik (this will zap all your Fabrik tables), simply upload the new files to your server, overwriting your existing ones. Make sure you upload all the files, front end, back end and module/mambots (if you use them), and double check their permissions.

-- hugh

My wife is telling me we have to leave NOW. It's a ten hour drive home ...

I'll check back in with you when I get home, or tomorrow, depending how wiped out I am tonight.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks again for your time and help!

Basically I did a fresh install of Joomla, then a fresh install of Fabrik. After that I added all my components manually and connected it to my existing database. I'm not finished yet but the forms are working.

How can you tell I had an older version of Fanrik? It is named 1.0.4 just like the one I had, I kinda wish it had a different name so I could better troubleshoot (i.e. 1.0.4 Gold )

I'm still at a loss as to why there was a problem in the first place because it was the exact same site, I have to assume it was a permissions issue and that a fresh install of Joomla set the permissions correctly. I would hate to think that i would have to install a fresh copy of Joomla and go through this process everytime I want to make a site live.

Either way I think I'm in a good place now, but i will let you know, thanks again man!

Andy

You had no primary key selected in the table parameters. Not quite sure why this threw a "not authorized" error, but lets just say the effects of not specifying the primary key are "undefined". It's fixed now.

BTW, I was able to use FireFox to set that CURL script thingy to "Never" last night when I got home. Not ure why IE was having problems the other day. FF doesn't show any errors on the page.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back