Password Element

jmoises

Hello i have Joomla 2.5.7 and Fabrik 3.0.6.3-323-ga214bdd.

I have search in forums but is not clear or not answer this issue i have with the password element.

I have made a Form using juser pluggin, i am able to add new records to my list and to the user table very good.

But When i am edit mode on the same form all fields are show correclty including username, email, name, etc but the password is blank (i dont want to show the password but i think a ******** has to be show) if i save the form all is save correctly but the password is save in blank so if the user try to login is not posible.

Is this a bug or is the way it shuold work?

Thanks for any reply

i disagree a little ranwilli, because if you go to users in jooma backend, and edit a user, even that password are "empty" you dont lose the current password after save.

if you go to users in jooma backend, and edit a user, even that password are "empty" you dont lose the current password after save.
This is how its expected to work.
If you don't enter a new password then the old one is used
If you do enter a password, then this replaces the old one.

We can't re-show the password in the field as its one way encrypted when creating the joomla user .e.g

you create a new user with a password of 'cheddar'
its stored in the db as 'sdfg89-090sdfg890sdfg0sdfg90sdgf9"

we can't now reconvert the encrypted string back to 'cheddar'
when you log in what Joomla does is encrypt the entered password and compare that against the stored password.

So, if we 'showed' the password in the form when editing we would be showing '
"sdfg89-090sdfg890sdfg0sdfg90sdgf9"
when upon save would get re-encrypted to something else makiing it impossible for the user to login.

Rob, i dont want to show the password, have you test id lately? i think there is a bug, beacuse when i save a edited form that use the password element the password is from user is lost.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back