PayPal plugin

PattiH

Hello:

I do this yearly task of setting up a registration form for a conference. I am using Joomla 2.5 and Fabrik 3.? with the latest from from github as of yesterday. I had to do a work around two or three years ago when I first set it up using Joomla 1.5 and Fabrik 2.

I have three possible payment amounts. I have values inserted for the three options as presented in a drop-down menu of 45.00, 50.00, and 25.00.

In the cost area, I have inserted the following:
{conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_raw}

But I am getting the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in /home/username/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/plugin-form.php on line 324

I am attaching a screen shot.

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-15 at 1.06.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-15 at 1.06.58 PM.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 288
Yes I think something nasty crept up in recent GitHub version because I have the exact same error message with another form plugin (email).

Good to know that someone as expert as you is experiencing the same. Here's hoping to a quick resolution. Thanks.

I have done the same with the drop down menu of 6 values in the element. I point the element to the Paypal cost "or element" dropdown. Seemed to work okay for me... what are you doing with {conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_raw}?

On another paypal plug-in issue... I need to pass a value of zero to Paypal... Paypal allows for zero to come in so the buyer can place the amount into the transaction form. But it seems the Fabrik Plugin Does not allow for Zero to go to Paypal? Am I doing something incorrect?

I believe it can be done either way. When it didn't work by selecting the element, I changed it to this which is what was recommended to someone else on another thread.

Can you post a separate thread for that issue? We really try and keep each thread specific to the issue raised by the original poster, otherwise threads become very convoluted and hard to follow. It also means the original poster is getting email updates about threads they started being updated, with stuff they have no interest in.

-- hugh

Thanks, Rob. I'm out of town for a few days for my son's wedding. I'll update and retry when I get back home.

OK, I've had a chance to update and try again. It is now going to PayPal, but I'm only presented with login information for myself or my data if I'm already logged in. Otherwise there is nothing on the PayPal page that is directing me to the "seller" even though I have the PayPal email account in the Paypal plugin included in the form much less any amounts that are being passed by the values in the element selected. The first payment set is for "cost" and then "purchase item." I've tried both of those with "Select Payment Option" for the element. And I've tried "Eval" set to no and yes (although I did think that was only used if you had code written in the text box).

Do I need to set up the "IPN" stuff. I've read the wiki, but it's based on an older version, and I don't remember doing any of that with the old set up I had in a previous version of both Fabrik and Joomla.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, it was just blank and wasn't calling up the email address of the organization. And I don't really know what I did differently. It may be that I hadn't tried out all the options after updating from GitHub. I put the {formname___elementname_raw} in "cost" (selecting the element didn't work) and it worked. I did discover that at first I had given the wrong form name. But after I corrected that, it worked. It is NOT passing on the element "label" to Paypal though which would be nice for future things I add for sale to the website (non-profit organization).

That is what happened to me... Hugh set me straight on my element to make sure it was an integer... the Label is the transaction description? if so I got mine to go through... here is my Paypal settings... I had a drop down select for the description going to paypal
paypalpluginsettings.png

Hmmm, okay. I didn't have any trouble with the amount going through with the value. Yes, the label is the description. I think I need to put the part you have in the "purchase item" section. I'll try that (of course using the name I have for the element). Thanks. I'll let you know if it works.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back