PayPal plugin

So just to be clear, you need to use the same element for description and price, using the label of the element (I assume it's a dropdown or a join element) as the description and the raw value as the price?

-- hugh

I put both
{conferencereg2012___confselectpayment}
and
{conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_name} in the "purchase item" section and I got exactly those words at PayPal.

I don't really need it for now right now anyway. I think you have different elements for the amount and the program to which the donation is being made. I was only trying to distinguish what kind of registration it was (member, non-member, part of the conference), but the amount tells me that.

I wrote that post just above to Cheyenneman.

Yes, I have in the cost section
{conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_raw} with no eval and it's working fine. But if I put in what I just wrote above, I do not get the lable, I get the words with the brackets and all appearing in paypal.

I tried it both with "no" and "yes" for eval. It doesn't work with eval set to yes. It just takes me to the home screen of PayPal again (not the page for a payment to be made to the organization's email address.) I just typed "Conference Registration" in the box and at least that is now showing.

I would like to get the individual item selected to be reflected in the description/purchase item, but I don't have to have it for this project.

Thanks.

This is what I had for my elements that goes along with my paypal plugin settings and it works.. just tested it again... select each of the program types... Here are my elements
ProgramDonationElements.png

here is the form

DonationForm.png

I'm sure that Hugh could correct me, but I think the reason you have to have eval set to "yes" is because of the commands used in your code. And that code is being used so that it knows whether to pick up the amount selected or the amount entered for the donation (pretty slick). If you merely have the element name, I don't think you use "eval" because it's not having to do any decoding to figure it out. I at least know now that "name" is part of your element name and should not add that. I thought maybe "name" was added to the end to get the label/name like "raw" is added to the end of the cost to get the value.

Yes both fields are being evaluated... I also selected the "or Select an element" for the label in the form for the description...

So just to be clear, you need to use the same element for description and price, using the label of the element (I assume it's a dropdown or a join element) as the description and the raw value as the price?

-- hugh

I thought I ought to clarify since even I'm confused as to which post I'm responding. Yes, it's a drop-down element. The element is
conferencereg2012___confselectpayment

I put {conferencereg2012___confselectpayment_raw} in "cost" to get the value to be passed on to Paypal which it does.

But if I just put {conferencereg2012___confselectpayment} in "purchase item," it does not post the label of the payment selected. It posts exactly what is written in the box: {conferencereg2012___confselectpayment} to the PayPal description area.

Did you select the Label name in the "or Select an element" along with the element name in the description block just below the Yes or No question?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back