'Pinterest' template

schacke

Is it possible to change the div template for lists to look a little like Pinterest? I'm making a picture gallery and the paintings have different heights, so I want to make a mosaic instead of fixed rows. Maybe somebody already made this?

I've not seen anything like that with the div template, although I'm sure it's possible. But you'd probably need some fairly extensive knowledge of CSS. I've certainly never tried creating a Pinterest style interlocking mosaic, and have no idea how I would go about it. I'd probably start by looking at their CSS / HTML, and see how much of it is done in pure CSS, and how much of it is done in actual layout, where they might do size calculations on the server side during page build. Or even in JavaScript.

-- hugh

It sounds like it's out of my league :confused: The closest I've come to it, is if I remove the row class "row-fluid" from the div right under "groupdataMsg". But I can't figure out how to get rid of the div. Without the <div class="row-fluid"> for each row, I think I could do the rest width CSS. But I can't find it in the template...

The div template is doing
Code:
    $items = array();
    foreach ($group as $this->_row) :
        $items[] = $this->loadTemplate('row');
    endforeach;
    echo FabrikHelperHTML::bootstrapGrid($items, $columns, 'well', true);
which is creating the grid.

So in your-div (always create a copy, Fabrik's div will be overriden with the next update) you can do something like
Code:
         <div class="myclass">
                   echo $this->loadTemplate('row');
         </div>
    endforeach;

Thanks for the try! I tried to replace the first code with se second but the page went blank. (The <div>'s show an syntax error in DreamWeaver)

Ah, yes. Must be echo "<div..."; (or close/open php)
Code:
        echo '<div class="myclass">';
        echo '</div>';
    endforeach;

Well, you'd need to end and re-start the PHP tags around the HTML output.

Code:
        ?> <div class="myclass"> <?php
        ?> </div> <?php
    endforeach;

YES! So far so good. Thank you both :) Now I just have to play around with the css to make it a mosaic.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back