pop-up form from repeating group element

Status
Not open for further replies.

janes

Hi
I have a form with a repeating group on it. The repeating group element is a database join, and I need my users to be able to add new records if the name they want isn't in the database already.

First question: the frontend add pop-up option doesn't work on repeating groups. I think this is a known bug - I've seen other posts about it. Are there any plans to fix it?

Second question: as a workaround I thought I could add a button with a link to the form for adding data. I've got this in, and I've got far enough on the javascript to open the form in a new window.

Code:
var url =
('http://www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=xx');
open(url);

But that's a bit messy so I'd really like it to open in a pop-up box. What code do I need to put in the button javascript box to do this?

Thanks
Jane

It's not entirely trivial to open it as a popup.

I'll take a quick look at the built in add option on repeat groups, see if it's a quick fix.

-- hugh

Thanks. After I posted, I found another thread that made me realise I can put my button in the group header and have it open in a lightbox there, so that all works ok now. Having the button as an element in the repeating group was going to be overkill anyway.
Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back