Pre filter

coullet

Hi,

I see in wiki that pre filter is overrided by menu filter.

So how do that:
a list with a pre filter on user id
several menus to show this list with diff?rent filtering , but always with same user id filter?

Thanks

It's a fair amount of work, mostly in testing every conceivable combination of filters, which is a LOT of testing. Filtering is eprhaps the most complex part of Fabrik, and making a change in one place can have serious consequences elsewhere. When you think we have menu prefilter, list prefilters, search form filters, advanced search filters, J! global search plugin filters, session filters, element filters and query string filters, all of which have to play nice together.

-- hugh

Ok, i suspected that, that's why i've asked...
If we can have this feature in fabrik 10.2, it will be cool ;)

Is the pre filter query in list param usable in menu pre filter?

It might happen at some point. And as usual, if anyone steps up to fund it, it'll happen quicker.

Nope, no pre-filter query.

The menu pre-filters are really only intended for very simple use, like a menu item to "only show blue widgets", and in cases where security is not an issue, as menu pre-filters can be bypassed by just removing the menu itemid from the URL.

Any "serious" filters which need things like pre-queries, where you need different filters for different uses, you should copy the list.

-- hugh

But it should be possible to have the security pre-filter (userid) in list settings (here you need it if somebody is bypassing the menu)

and repeat it in the menu prefilter doing
"Show blue widgets"
AND
userid = ...

Oh, absolutely agreed, menu filters should add to pre filters, not replace them.

Hard to give a cost. But it's one of those things we'd simply be happy with any contribution to the cause.

I'll have another look, see if I can pick up where I left off last time I had a crack at this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've had a go at fixing the long standing issue with the menu/module prefilters overriding the list prefilters.
To keep with backwards compat (for now) the default behaviour is the same as before the commit. To change the behaviour edit the list and under the prefiters section set 'Overriden by menu/modules' to 'no'

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back