Prefiltering Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeberMac

Hrm... None of the pre-filter tags seem to work for me. I'm using 1.0.4, but I don't know which version of 1.0.4.
I've tried my test as the following:
WHERE | fabrik_internal_id | LESS_THAN | 1 | Administrator
And my table with the prefilter always returns every record, without prefiltering.

I checked out the other threads regarding prefiltering and I'm not sure if my problem is related or not.

I've set the "Apply Filter To" field to every single option, and I've tried it being logged in as SuperAdmin and tried it being logged out of the site completely, the PreFilter does not seem to function.

Essentially I'm trying to make a new menu item which will only return a subset of the records. Can I do something like this in the Parameters tab of the menu item? Like this:
Parameters
task=viewTable
tableid=8
bookauthor="Hemingway"

Where that specific menu item would do the prefiltering for me?

Hi It should work, I've just tested with the latest version from the svn and the less than filter works on the id.
Theres a 1.0.4b patch as of today in the downloads section, perhaps try upgrading to that and see if it fixes the problem?

Yeah the parameters tab thing does not work, it was a wild guess. Ha ha...
I will try the upgrade and hopefully things will be peachy-keen. (I'll Backup First!)

I was just using the LESS_THAN filter as an example. Technically, if I made that my prefilter, the results should return ONE record, right? (Well, assuming I have a record with an internal_id of 0 ...)

I was thinking of having the prefilter return things like All Hemingway-Authored books. Or all books published in 2000. Things like that.

Can we use prefilters in the URL somehow? Hrm...

in the url you can add:

tablename___elementname[value]=1

to filter the data, you cant do less than or things like that though in the url

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back