print button issue with new build

Racmitch

ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. Hugh, I'm sure you remeber me and hope all is well, we are building version 2 of the project you worked with me on in 14. I have a sandbox and production version of the new project running, both have exactly the same components and same versions of them. Up until about 8:30 est time both sandbox and production versions worked good and exactly the same. I made no updates to any components, or joomla, templates nothing, and the production version stopped working correctly, but the sandbox still works. The isssue is in the "print" button that shows on the form display. There are 3-4 fabrik forms on a page, until 2 hours ago if you clicked on the print button that displayed with any form the print box showed the questions in the form without any info entered so a person could print a blank form, now for some reason now matter what form you click the print button it only shows form id1 and not the form one is clicking the print button for. The sandbox version still works correctly. I have no idea why this suddenly changed on just the production site and not the sandbox site? I can send you log in user/pass if you like.

Fill in your My Sites.

Obviously things don't just stop working because the wind is in the wrong direction. Something changed.

-- hugh

i know, exactly what I was thinking, or the hosting company made changes, the sandbox is on another server, my sites filled in

OK I think it's probably just dumb luck it was working before. This commit should fix it:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/b52412542d25f81dfb9dde878b9a9ddd65aaa57b

Basically, each form on the page was hanging click events on all the form print buttons on the page, rather than only on it's own print button. So which one would fire for which button was pretty much a crap shoot.

I've fixed it so each form should now only watch it's own print button.

However, as per phone conversation, as you are running release code from a month or so ago, I don't want to just update the form JS file, as there have been a lot of commits since the version you have, and "cherry picking" just this one changed file could break other stuff. So if you fill out the ftp details for you sandbox, I'll upload a full github update to that, you can test it, and if everything checks out, we can update the live site.

-- hugh

ok, thank you no problem...i leave for home in about 30 mins, I'll connect from my home office and test it.

everything in the sandbox is working correctly. I have installed explorter to the production site to make life easier, but it looks good to go.

Yeah extplorer is only good for individual files. I'll need ftp access for the live site. Suggest you back it up first though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ok...i will set up an ftp account in "my sites" for you for the production site, but i have to do that tomorrow at work, I don't, for some reason have the log in for that server at the home office...i'll bump this thread tomorrow as a reminder.

OK, let me know when is a good time to do this. As it's a live site, it would probably be best to close it while the update is uploading.

Also, do a full site backup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back