Problem with Element-javascript show_hide

mygunfriday

I'm building a large form with groups that I'd like to display only if a check box is checked.

I've done this before, but for some reason it's not working.

I tried using a radio button and it worked in a glitchy way (hiding when show selected).

I'm running Joomla 2.5.8 and Fabrik from Github as of yesterday (thought that might help...)

I recently added Admin Tools from Akeeba, but I haven't turned much on and I'm wondering if this might be affecting it. As well, I had been developing on a shared server and recently set up a local server to develop on and I thought this might be affecting things. Not sure, just throwing some info out in case it helps.

I've attached a .png of my settings page.

Any help will be much appreciated. I just moved the site from local to the original public server to see if that would help, but no go.

Any help will be much appreciated. I suspect I'm missing something simple, but I just can't see it.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Attachments

• javascriptnotworking.png
    javascriptnotworking.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 219
I have it working now, but not the way I'd like it.

I changed the element to a radio button and reversed the order of the options and now it's working. This seems a little off - shouldn't this work with a checkbox? And why was the order of the options affecting the behaviour?

I can live with this as is, but maybe someone should take a note that the code on this is a bit sketchy.

- Jeremy

My problem continues.

So now I've added 2 more groups and radio buttons to hide/show them in the same way as the first.

Problem: All the groups set to hide are being affected by any radio button set up with javascript. With any of the 3 radio buttons, I can show or hide all the groups, but I can't display the desired group alone.

Any thoughts?

Bump. Still waiting for some input on this. All my javascript actions are hiding and showing when changed. Shouldn't the groups be independent of each other?

Bump. Hugh, I've been waiting on this since the beginning of January... If you're not going to look at it, let me know...

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've asked hugh to reply to you as soon as he's awake

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back