Problems installing Fabrik 3.0

Some thoughts -
Do you have any redirects, htaccess, mod_rewrite ...?
Any 3rd party components/plugins?
If your upload_max_filesize has been such low, maybe there are other unusual settings (memory_limit, safemode ...)

Is it possible to do an extra fresh Joomla2.5.6 installation on this server?

I'm not sure if I can get an extra fresh install on the server (my boss is on vacation, and my other boss is trying to get one up, but having some problems).

But I can give you a few settings and you can tell me if it's unusual because I don't really know what's normal or not.

memory_limit 128M
and safe_mode is off.

I'm going out for lunch now, hopefully I'll have a fresh site to work with and test out when I get back in an hour

** EDIT **
Doesn't look like we can get a clean install to test on... Still working on it though.

** EDIT 2 **
Scratch that, I think I CAN get a fresh install now!! :)

** EDIT 3 **
Ok, I tested it on a clean install and it worked! I can now access the lists, groups, etc pages. So clearly this means that some other component is conflicting with Fabrik on my other site.

I have these components:
- Acepolls (polls)
- BreezingForms (forms)
- CSVI
- Fabrik
- Falang (translations)
- FoxContact (contact form)
- JComment (add comments)
- RSMonials (testimonials)
- Snippets (coding)

Now that I wrote this list down, I realize I'm not using some of these components anymore, so maybe if I clear some up I might get lucky and uninstall the conflicting component.

I have Falang (Version1.1.1, an older one referring to Joomla1.7) on one of my test sites and Fabrik working, so maybe you'll lose your money;D

So I removed all the components I had installed and it still wouldn't work. (any click on Lists, Elements, etc = error page)

For the record I would have said Falang as well :p

Like I mentioned earlier, I installed it on a clean install and it WORKED. So I don't know what's conflicting with it on my original site. I even installed Falang on that clean install just to be sure, and still no problem.

Then I thought to myself, maybe I should uninstall Fabrik and reinstall it (on my original site). Which is where I got that 500 error (which I got a while back in this thread), and thus resulting in getting 500 errors no matter what page i would go to on the admin side, like every single one.

Since then I restored my site from a backup which still has Fabrik installed.

And even weirder, I tried uninstalling Fabrik on the clean install and i ALSO got the 500 error over there! Am I not uninstalling it correctly?

How would you guys uninstall Fabrik?

How would you guys uninstall Fabrik?

I don't think I ever have, it's too cool to uninstall. :)

I would say there is probably another issue somewhere that is causing these problems. As myself and Troester mentioned previously, factors such as .htaccess etc could cause issues.

I'd be interested in testing these issues if you want to try another server.

I would love to help with that, but since im just an employee here, my boss would have to set up another server and stuff. I'd love to do it on my own time but I don't have access to a server :(

Also tomorrow is my last day of work for 2 weeks, because I'm leaving on vacation! :) (Right in the middle of a big problem on the website.. bad timing i guess lol)

I just tested to uninstall: Extension Manager, search for fabrik, select all, uninstall (it's just a "install test" site, no fabrik work done at all; because this will be lost after uninstalling)

I get a bunch of
"attempt to uninstall unknown extension ... may have already been removed"
and resumee "i: Error uninstall plugin"

but no error 500

and after refresh Manager/Update/Discover caches no fabrik plugins can be found.

To your "remove all components":
did you clear browser cache, Joomla cache, log out/in ...
so to get rid of any old JS etc.

Ok, I had done the exact same procedure to uninstall Fabrik (the first time). And I got my 500 errors. And the second time I tried just the Component of Fabrik and still the same result.

After I uninstalled all my other components I did NOT clear the browser cache or even log in/out.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back