question about using the "repeat" function with groups

Racmitch

Just curious, I made a "list", which created a form and group. I added a 2nd group so i can use the group>repeat function. All with that works well. when I save the form and the saved file shows in the list, it shows as many record files in the list that someone would click the red "Add" button on the repeat function. ex: 4 "adds" with repeat shows 4 record files in list , is there a way to have the form with as many "repeat" functions used as needed only show as one file list view?

Check the "Join" tab in the List's Data settings. There's a "Display mode" setting, that lets you "merge" the repeated joins, so repeat data is displayed in a single cell on the parent row.

The thing to remember here is that repeated groups are List (table) joins. When you set a group to repeat, we automagically create another table for that group's data, which is a one-to-many join to the parent table. Which means that when you have multiple repeats, there are multiple rows. That's just the nature of MySQL, when you do a "select ... from table1 left join table2 on ...", you get multiple rows in the result set.

-- hugh

that worked perfectly...thanks Hugh...I knew it was something built in i was missing. and thank you for the details of function.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back