Redirects displaying in menu item for entire list

cynmob

So I have a list called Rescue Contacts that I uploaded to the db. It correctly displays from a menu item. I am trying to enable the user to search that db by breed, e.g. Airedale.

I watched the tutorials and searched the forum and know about disabling the date time button and not writing to db as updates to the earlier tutorial (those are great, by the way!)

I am doing something stupid somewhere. I run the search and no items are displayed as a filtered list there. But if I go to the menu item that displays the entire unfiltered list, it is filtered down to those search items. Clearly I must be fumble-fingering something but cannot find the error.

Here is a short screencast from Jing. I'm not allowed to post links since this is my first post so I have omitted the http bit and added strategic spaces.

screencast. com/t/TNW4lyRNT

The URL is obeythebeagle. com

Joomla 3.4.8, Fabrik latest version.

Thank you for any insight into this.

Cyn Mobley

AH! GOT IT! Should have been obvious -- the jump page has to go to the main list, which is displayed as filtered. A closer reading of the WIKI was in order. I will leave this up in case someone else is making that mistake.
Now if I can find where to edit that SAVE button, I'll be done.

Well, there's another issue and the answer will probably be glaringly obvious in about another hour or so. I have a menu link to the entire list, and that is the jump page on the redirect from the filtered list. Then I have the menu link to the filter form. The filter form won't work if I unpublish the menu item to the entire list. But I don't necessarily want users to have unfettered access to the entire list. They should only be able to access it via the filtering, not browse it at will via the link to the entire list. Any suggestions before I figure it out myself... if ... ?? Thanks in advance.
Cyn Mobley

Cleverly hidden in the tab labeled "Button". Well played, Fabrik. Well played.
So onto the next question -- how to require both search fields to be used? I want them to specify a Breed and a State, not just one or the other. And filling out NEITHER results in serving up the whole list. I'm betting there's a something or other to make a field mandatory to complete. Hmmmmm. Still left with the problem of the menu item to the whole list visible.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back