Remote domain list access

shaughan

Can a separate website view a list on another website? My list is on one website, I have installed Fabrik on both websites, and can successfully connect to the DB of the primary site from the secondary site. Essentially I want the same list view on both sites using the correct methodology, whatever that is. I'd prefer not to embed in an IFrame etc. Can I create a list on the secondary site and get the complete list view from the primary site?

As long as you don't use any joins across connections (which includes user elements), you should be OK just creating a list on the second site based on the table from the connection on the first site. You'll have to recreate the setup for it (list, form, group and elements settings), you can't share the Fabrik metadata across sites, but it'll share the same underlying data table.

So the only issue you are likely to face would be ACL controls which are based on user ID. Unless you have some SSO between the sites, and/or they have the exacts same user IDs.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back