Repeat minimum=0 in Repeat Group

startpoint

With latest github update(downloaded on 03.04.2018) when I set parameter repeat minimum=0 this not work when add new record.
Before update empty row is hidden after form loaded and show message "no data".
After update row not hidden.

My PR#1939 fixes a number of issues with repeat groups, but unfortunately not yet merged.

You might like to apply it to your site manually and see if it fixes your problem.

Did you minify the form.js file or set Fabrik javascript debugging to use the non-minified version?

I changed group.php and update form.js file with Allow fabrikDebug = Yes (load uncompressed js versions).
The row not hidden again.

Last edited:
Hmm - now I look at my own site where I developed this PR, I can see that the same is happening. Let me take a look...

Sorry - but it appears that Hugh has completely changed form.js about 2 weeks ago and now my PR no longer fits with it. This is unfortunately what happens when Media A-Team are too busy to merge PRs from the community.

I had fixed it. And if Media A-Team had merged it before completely changing the code, it would now be fixed.

There was man days of my effort in that PR and it is now either wasted completely or I need to spend further man days retrofitting it to the new form.js code. I feel utterly mistreated over this.

I appreciate your efforts, as well as everyone else who helps with the development of Fabrik.
And I try to answer and help as much as I can.

Not your fault. But I have 10s of such PRs representing man weeks of bug fixing and enhancements waiting for merge and it is disheartening to see them trashed like this.

@Sophist

I'm going to say this one more time, as you obviously didn't process it when I told you months ago in Skype. The 3.x code is in maintenance mode, until I get more of a handle on the 4.0 code, which is what I'm having to spend pretty much all my dev time on. That means only essential bug fixes, or features I need to add for paying clients (which I know won't be problematic to merge into the 4.0 code) are going in 3.x at the moment (plus a few changes I'm doing for my own projects, which may happen to overlap with requests on the forums).

Once I have a better handle on the 4.0 code, and have fully merged all the changes to date since it was branched, I'll start merging your PR's again.

As for the specific form.js one you are upset about, and messaged us yesterday about how I "trashed" it our of "disrespect" - no, I made a small change to form.js, but a bug in a new release of my IDE caused it to commit with changes to every line ending, so now cannot be automatically merged, and needs to be "deconflicted" by you merging changes back to your branch. This didn't just bite me, it bit thousands of devs, and IntelliJ released a patch within 24 hours. This is just a part of life doing cross platform development with git. Occasionally shit goes sideways.

And, as an aside, the process you will need to go through with that one PR is pretty much the process I'll have to go through with every change you make that touches code I've had to modify in 4.0 when I merge them downstream. Welcome to my world, and perhaps now you have a better understanding of why I'm reluctant to merge stuff until I've made more progress on 4.0, and can take a few days to go through the tedious process of merging conflicting changes.

This isn't open for debate. I'll simply delete any confrontational responses.

-- hugh

If you want to do an Update from Github using my fork, this has my own outstanding PRs and some other users outstanding PRs merged in with Hugh's own changes. Please feel free to see if it solves your problem, and you can always Update from Github using the Fabrikar repo if you want to switch back. If it breaks anything cf. Hugh's master code I will try to support you with it. The download is here: https://github.com/Sophist-UK/joomla_fabrik/archive/master.zip and the Github wiki showing what is additional to Hugh's code is here: https://github.com/Sophist-UK/joomla_fabrik/wiki .

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back