replacing CB form with Fabrik (AEC)

lena

Hi,

I want to replace the Community Builder form with Fabrik form.
(I want to keep CB)
Also I'm using an old AEC version at registration.

I'm looking for some tips for doing this change.

Regards,
Lena

Are you needing to actually change the forms used during registration, or just add some extra profile stuff they can fill in once they are registered and logged in?

-- hugh

CB profile

Hi,

I think I can start with just adding some profile stuff they can fill in once they are registered and logged in.

I need to modify some fields to be 'conditionnal' fields (city,state,country) and add some 'validation rules' (zip code and phone).

I have some CB radio and checkbox that even if the user select it, it's not appear select in the profile...don't really know if fabrik can fix this.. (the selectection is saved in the DB no problem).

I need to add a 'admin note' field for every users (this field must be hidden to the user, only visible to admin), what I did for now I have created this field in CB but not published it and will be filled through Fabrik.

I guess I need to set minimal CB form fields while registration, is that you suggest?

Well, the main reason I ask is that as-is, we can't really add extra profile details during the actual registration process.

What we can do is maintain an 'extra profile details' table/form. In short ... include a 'username' element in your extra details form/table (call it something like 'userid'), set to record the userid. To display the form, include a menu link on your User menu, set to a Fabrik component link, that sets 'Row id' to -1, and 'Key name' to 'userid' (or whatever you called your userid element).

When accessing via that menu link, Fabrik will automagically load the row 'owned' by the logged in user.

If you are sharing the extra profile table with some other application, remember to set 'fbConf_alter_existing_tables' to No in your Fabrik configuration (either with the Settings tab, or configuration.php, depending on what Fabrik version you are using).

-- hugh

-- hugh

As that post says, it utilizes the new plugin architecture in 2.0, and would not be possible in 1.x without some serious custom coding.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back