Right click on delete record button - bug in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindog

Then right click on any delete record button in Mozilla Firefox, instead of right click menu floats modal window with "Are you sure you want to delete these records?" message.

Test site: http://www.gorod-dudinka.ru/fabriktest/
Fabrik updated to 3.0.6.1-46.

Sorry for posting in wrong forum! It's for Fabrik > Fabrik 3.x > Bronze Subscriber Support

Moved to the f3 forum.

Hmmm, yup, we listen for an 'click' event, which triggers on either left or right click.

Not sure why this doesn't happen for the edit/display buttons, though. Obviously some subtle difference in how we add the watch events.

Looks like after an event is triggered there is an e.rightClick boolean in the event object, so we could check that it's not a rightClick ... but I'm not sure if that is supported cross-browser.

It also happens for the plugin buttons, right click triggers the action rather than a context menu.

I'm reluctant to mess with our event handling JS, so I'm raising a github issue for Rob to take a look at ignoring those events if they are right clicks.

-- hugh

Its something to do with the way the event delegation differs from a standard click event, but not sure why, its somewhere inside the mootools code!

Bit of a hack but for now I've simply added a event.rightClick check to those events using delegation.

Changes should be in github

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back