Rob / Hugh can you please help me in this scenario?

ramki

Hi Rob,

I am doing a project that is, I wanted to add products from front-end.
Using fabrikar, I am able to add product from front-end, everything is fine.

To display images on front-end, two tables need to be updated on the backend.

virtuemart_medias (where the added image from front-end saves in this table).

virtuemart_product_medias (this one is used to map Product Id product table, Media Id of Media table. Then only the product will be displayed on the frontend.

I have tried N number of ways, none worked. Please see the attached Jing Video. And help me to achieve this.

Issue in mapping two tables in third table

Early response is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ramki

I've done quite a lot of work with VirtueMart and Fabrik.

The way I've managed this particular issue before is to use a form submission script, which manually updates the VM product and xref tables.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Ok, the present project I have already finished successfully using (J! 1.5, Fabrikar 2.x), I could join the tables & could complete all the required xref tables (Category, Manufacturer, Price...etc).

And in J! 1.5, for the VirtueMart Product images, we have only one table (i.e.: jos_vm_product_files), so there was not much problem to complete this part using fabrikar.

Now in J!2.5.x; VM 2.0.x; for VirtueMart Product images we have two tables

1. XXX_virtuemart_medias
2. XXX_virtuemart_product_medias

the 2nd table is the xref table where the Product ID, Media ID are mapped.

I am able to add image from front-end, and the 2nd table (xref) is also updating with product_id, but the media ID becoming '0'.

Please see the screen-shot; how the 'virtuemart_product_id', 'virtuemart_media_id' should be updated. (the records in attached screenshot showing the products that I added from VM Admin just to show how the xref table should be updated, for the Product ID 116, I added 3 images (the media IDs are 185, 186, & 187).

So, I should be able to add main image, more images from front end. The media, media xref table should be updated as it should be.

I have completed my entire project except this table, so please You / Rob help me out to complete this part.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Ramki

Attachments

• vm_product_media.jpg
    vm_product_media.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 180
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back