RSS Feed

esskay

Hi

I am trying to setup RSS Feed of list by using Simple RSS Feed Reader (by JoomlaWorks) module. I have done as under -

1. Enabled create RSS Feed in list - publishing - rss - yes
2. Enabled few elements in elements - publishing - rss - show in rss feed - yes

In simple rss feed module I need to copy the feed url. I do not see any rss icon in the list. can you please tell me what is the url of the feed ?

For other components like k2 and kunena I simply copy the feed url which is sef url + ?format=feed and paste in the module which works fine. Please guide...

There should be a "Subscribe RSS" link at the top right ...

feed.png

But you should also be able to append &format=fabrikfeed to the list URL. We can't use the standard format=feed as that runs a different view which is incompatible with what Fabrik has to do.

-- hugh

ok...I found the link...But when I left click on the link I get HTTP ERROR 500. Ideally I should get an xml file. I have right clicked and copied the link and pasted in simple rss module and I get two errors as under -

1. Warning
JFile: :read: Unable to open file: *******?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=56&format=fabrikfeed

2. Message
Failed loading XML...

Appending &format=fabrikfeed also gives HTTP ERROR 500

Please advise...

No...I am not on PHP 7. I am on PHP 5.5.36. You want me to still do an update ?

Last edited:
Nope.

Set the error reporting up to maximum in J!'s global settings, and see if it gives you an actual error message for the 500.

-- hugh

I get 404 Article not found message. I set error reporting to maximum. Appended &format=fabrikfeed to the list menu url and get 404 error...

Yes...fabrikfeed folder is there and permission and ownership look good to me...fabrikfeed.php which has been updated in github 2 days back has not been updated by me. Everything else seems to be same...

Can you check your server error log? Without an actual error message, I really have no clue what the problem might be. The feed works for me, and on all the sites I administer, and nobody else is reporting issues. And I don't know why, with error reporting enabled, it's no giving us any feedback. So check the web server error log for clues.

-- hugh

/feed HTTP/1.1" 200 7728 "-" "Mediapartners-Google"

This is what I could get in access.log. I am not too sure where to look for logs...I looked in var/log/httpd/error and access logs. Can you please suggest the location to look into...?

That's entirely server dependent. It'd be set in your php INI and/or the web server config.

Ask your host a) where the error log is, and b) if your system is set to record errors to the log.

The only other option is for me to load an Akeeba archive of your site here and debug it, but there's a minimum 1 hour charge for that, as it's time consuming.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back