sadly...

eric258

Although i think that Fabrik is a top notch component, I have decided to not use it anymore for the biggest of my two lists.

It seems that it far to demanding to make it work when you have over 2000 records in the list. I could not for instance make a decent search form...... I was trying to achieve the result below but could not ... but found an other component that could do it straight away...
upload_2016-11-29_18-38-55.png

I ll still however be using it for the live tournament list though....

Fabrik has a long learning curve indeed. It's an amazing powerfull components but it requires to be involved and to learn how to use it to achieve almost everything. Yes, you can do things "out of the box" in some hours which does very well. But if you want to reach a precise goal, you have to learn a lot and, indeed, it's more a dev oriented "framework" than a turn key software.
The central part of your image is almost doable "as is" using the list "div" template. You have to adjust the number of columns in the default.php file and tune css to reach some thing similar to your image.
The right part could be done with a "list display module". Again some custom css would be necessary.
Finally, I've personal experience of building sites that have several thousands of records for some of them. If you experience bud results with 2000 records, and if the SQL equivalent is doing well in phpmyadmin for example, this is probably related to some setup errors (index ?) or else that could generally be sorted out using tools such as FabrikDebug, JoomlaDebug, firebug and so.
Good luck !

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back