search problems list view and google map visualization

rtorres

Hi
I have a list view with a google map visualization plugin at the footer (i followed the instruccions from another post)
View attachment 17204

on the list i activated the advanced search
View attachment 17205

Im using the latest release of Fabrik and joomla 3.8.6

My questions or problems are:

if i do a search like this screenshot in a separte google map visualization "all the words" i get 19 results this result is correct.
View attachment 17206

BUT if do the same search on the page where i configured the list results or list view + the google visualization i get on the list view correctly the 19 results but on the map i get a lot more..
View attachment 17208
what i can see is that the filter on the google map has the condition "any of the words" and is not taking the filter or condition from the list view

I also tried using the Extended search, wich worked ok! the filter was "passed" to the google map visualization accordingly and that is ok but i cannot allow users to search from this extended filter because it has all the fields and the users are not allowed to see them or use them but the designated (one element).

You seem to have deleted a copy of this thread which had some responses on it?

I was working on fixing some of the issues in that thread. Here's what I was going to post there:

I'm testing a fix for some of these issues. The fix addresses the problem with the "mode", where selecting (say) "all of these terms" on the list filtering gets lost when the viz filters (defaulting to "any"). It also removes any search terms which are less than the current MySQL full text search minimum character length.

I'll commit something you can test in a few minutes.

-- hugh

In general, don't delete stuff where there are already replies.

OK, try a full github update.

As of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/46703712c676f9eebb6723bd0940c564c32bbcb6

... we should now "remember" the boolean search mode (any, all, etc), and remove any words shorter than MySQL's currently configured minimum full text search word length. It should also update the search text on the page after an AJAX search, if any words have been removed.

Note that all the testing I'm doing uses filters on the list, not on the map viz. I don't think the changes I just committed would address any similar issues going the other way, showing filters on the viz and hiding them on the list.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back