Setting date Form format to "l jS F Y - " always results in date being reset to current date on edit

Pangolin

Hi,

I've come across an annoying bug. If you create a date element, leave everything at their default values except the Form format, which you set to "l jS F Y - " (so you get dates in the form "Sunday 14th December 2014 - "), everything looks as if it working nicely and you can create the data happily, but if you need to edit the record ***without*** changing the date (i.e. you change the value of some other element or just hit save without changing anything), the date gets set to todays date!

Any help on a fix or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Joomla 3.3.6 and Fabrik 3.2 (and updated from git yesterday to see if that helped, it didn't).

Thanks rob

With standard settings Fabrik doesn't support all possible formats (especially not the "textual" ones).
There's an "Advanced Formats" option in the Advanced tab - but it seems not to be working correctly:(

But you can use the format as list format.

I never saw the Advanced Formats button (might it not be better placed next to the format fields?). Anyway, it seems to fix the problem :)
Thanks so much :)
But before I make this change to the live site, you say "it seems to not to be working correctly", in what way doesn't it work correctly?

Well it seems that turning on Advanced Formats works for Chrome but not Safari :(
So I've had to resort to leaving the date set to its default format and formating it myself in the views.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back