Slideshow not able to get images from a table

Pavlov

Hi,
First of all, as a new user I'd like to congratulate the developers of Fabrik. Great work! It has allowed me to create a great site out from scratch in just a few days. I am very glad :)

Now, there are some minor issues to resolve. One of them is a problem I have with displaying a slideshow based on a visualization based on a table (list) containing other data too. When I click on the link to the visualization placed in in a menu, the slideshow view does not show up but instead I get either the following message within the web page: "...___image not found - is it set to show in the list view?". Even if I activate it to show in the list, it does not work. Alternatively, I do not know why, sometimes I get the next message on a white screen:

"Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in .../public_html/joomla16/plugins/fabrik_visualization/slideshow/models/slideshow.php on line 220 "

I have created a separate table with only images (besides the id column) and in this case the slideshow is displayed correctly. The difference is that in the other table I don't have images on every table row (it is impossible to have them in every row). Am I right thinking that this is the cause of the problem (i.e. the rows without images)? If not, what else could it be? If my theory is correct, is there an easy way of creating a second (self-updating) table containing only the rows in which images are not missing and three elements (id, images and captions)?

Best regards

Hum, my question must be either very complicated or a very stupid one. I will try to be more specific:

How can I prefilter a list so that only rows with non-null content of one of the elements (image) is displayed ?

OK guys, after asking for help several times I have solved the mystery myself. The answer is no, the slideshow does not work if your image-containing element has empty rows (i.e missing images). I suppose if one understands php it is easier to find this out, but it was not my case.

What I have done is create a child table by copying my original data table, then removing all but the id, image and image caption elements and prefilter it with Image NOT EQUAL TO NULL (Eval type).

Hope this info might be helpful for other users of Fabrik too.

Sorry, not a complex or stupid question, I just hadn't got round to testing it.
Thanks for taking the time to figure out what the issue was. I've fixed that now in github so the slideshow will ignore any rows with empty images in them

-Rob

Sorry, not a complex or stupid question, I just hadn't got round to testing it.
Thanks for taking the time to figure out what the issue was. I've fixed that now in github so the slideshow will ignore any rows with empty images in them

-Rob

Hi Rob, my insinuation was not directed particularly at you, since I can imagine you are very busy maintaining all this stuff. It is really nice you have modified the slideshow and I am glad I have helped to improve it (although only by detecting the malfunction). Once again, great job! I have never had such a nice website and it is all thanks to Joomla and Fabrik.

Best regards

I didn't think you were insinuating anything. I know how its frustrating to try to figure out what's going on in someone else's code :) and what you were seeing was a bug and not user error, so I'm glad its fixed :D

-Rob

Hi Rob, I installed the latest github version of Fabrik, but could not experiment too much with the slideshow option since I had a problem with importing csv files. Supposedly it is now fixed (by Hugh) but I noticed the slideshow still requires the images to be displayed in the list (correct me if I am wrong). I believe this is not very practical, or at least not always and it would be better if they are just in the table. In my case for example, I have them displayed only in the form and I think I also red a post by somebody who thought the same like me.

but could not experiment too much with the slideshow option since I had a problem with importing csv files. Supposedly it is now fixed (by Hugh)
I don't see any commit to the joomla3 branch related to that - can you give me more information about this issue (where it was first reported) and where you see that Hugh fixed it.
Hugh tends not to work on the 3.1 code - so can I double check that this is an issue with Fabrik 3.1b and not Fabrik 3.0?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back