[SOLVED] Error 500 on fabrik update (FTP method)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilentRed

Caaan do!
I'm feeling thankful that I took a backup just before attempting this (as per your instruction).
I used filezilla to upload fabrik highlighted files to the joomla root directory (except fabrik_build). To speed things up, I selected to overwrite only if there was a different file size. Once it was done, I had an Error 500 across all pages.

Has this happened to anyone else? What's the best way to debug this. We can't afford downtime on our site, so I opted to restore the aforementioned backup.

You would first advise updating Fabrik using the Joomla Extensions Update Manager?

When did you update from GitHub, just yesterday?
There was something missing in GitHub, Cheesgrits added it 5 hours ago (see "Latest Commits"), so do a new update.

And yes: a backup before updating anything is a must
And enable Joomla's error reporting (can also be done by editing configuration.php if you don't have admin site access) to get some more information aboout "Error 500"

Yes, I posted this as my site was recovering. So I guess that was the issue. I'm gonna hold off on updating till Friday, probably. Good call on the error reporting, because I was lost and felt like I had no choice but to restore. So, yeah I'll have to tick that on.

Hey All. Just FYI, I ran the github update and thus far everything seems to be on the up and up. Love yall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back