[SOLVED] Problems with Update Columns list plugin (bug?)

Pissa

Hi guys,
I just installed Update Columns list plugin v3.4.3.
Fabrik is v3.4.3 and Joomla 3.5.1.

My goal is simply to update multiple columns with only an input (variable text, not fixed), so this pluging is perfect for me.

The problem is that the new plugin v3.4.3 is a bit different from the one posted here: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-columns-list-plugin/

In plugin "update" menu if I select "update" I choose the column to update but in "to" field I don't know what to put to let the user choose what to write in front-end (I think it's not possible in this way).

If I select "allow user selection" and user selectable elements, in front end a popup windows appears automatically when opening the page (I don't think this is the normal behaviour ?), and it's completely blank. See attached image.

Is it normal?
Thanks!

Attachments

• upd_col.jpg
    upd_col.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 289
"Allow user selection" should do what you want.
It's working on my site.

Which Joomla template? Did you try with the standard Protostar template coming with Joomla?

I can't replicate that issue with the blank window.

Can you point me at the page.

-- hugh

Sorry I'm in an internal website we use to manage our clients, no external access....

"Allow user selection" should do what you want.
It's working on my site.

Which Joomla template? Did you try with the standard Protostar template coming with Joomla?

I'm using exactly standard Protostart template.
The strange fact is that I tried a local installation using xampp, exactly the same behaviour.
I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong, but I don't understand what....

But is it normal that the window (blank, in my case) appear automatically every time I refresh the page?

EDIT: also, whatever I write in "user select text" and in "update message", it doesnt appear in the window....

Last edited:
But is it normal that the window (blank, in my case) appear automatically every time I refresh the page?

No. Which almost certainly means there is a JS error on page load, but we can't help unless we can see the site.

-- hugh

No. Which almost certainly means there is a JS error on page load, but we can't help unless we can see the site.

-- hugh

Ok it should be a problem with current version.
I update my local xampp installation with github version (updated everything, not only the plugin), and now the window shows correctly.
Anyway it didn't help, because the plugin seems to work fine, but when I click to update the columns, all the fields don't change at all!

What are your exact plugin settings?
Is your list ajaxfied (list settings /Navigation)

What are your exact plugin settings?
Is your list ajaxfied (list settings /Navigation)

Yes Ajax is enabled.

My plugin settings are:
allow user selection: yes
user selectable elements: the element I want to change

all other settings to default, no mail notification.
when in front end I click update, it refresh and I also have the message "1 row updated, 0 mail sent", but the element doesn't change.

It should be a problem with JS, because I noticed that with Chrome I have this behaviour, I tried with Firefox and the window appears correctly, but it appears automatically when opening the page and no change in the element when click ok.

I really don't know what could be the problem, as I said before I tried a fresh Joomla installation with standard Protostar theme....

Works for me ...

http://screencast.com/t/sNtrxgAgn

(excuse the slowness, I'm running everything on my laptop ... browser debugging, server, mysql ...)

So unless I can get at your site, I can't really help.

NOTE - If you have a calc element on your list, I did just fix one issue which was preventing the list from updating after the change is submitted.

Have a look at a console in something like Chrome's dev tools, see if you are getting any JS errors.

-- hugh

I'm uploading right now to a friend's domain, I'll give you a link in few minutes!
Anyway, I have a calc element in my list....

Hi Hugh, sorry for this post, but did you find what could be the problem with the plugin?
Really many thanks!

OK, I see the issue, but I can't replicate it on any of my test sites.

Can you do a full github update?

-- hugh

Done, it's working.
I did exactly the same thing on my local copy and it doesn't work, the window is ok but when click ok it doesn't update the text into the element....
Really don't know why this difference.... it's driving me crazy....

Hi Hugh,
since I'm unable to fix it, I noticed using Firebug that on the website where update col is working, I can see that the js involved is update_col.js.
In the local copy where the plugin doesn't work, between the script I can find update_col-min.js but not update_col.js.

Don't know if this can help?

EDIT
Please go here: http://www.sullapuntadelledita.com/joomlatest/joomlatest2
As you can see, it doesn't work.

In Joomlatest page everything is ok.
In Joomlatest2 page not working.

The lists have the same settings.
So it is unclear why in one page is ok, in the other no.

You already have back-end user and password.
Thanks!

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back