[Solved] Standard support ending in the next few days

Hmmmm. I'm not sure if that's do-able as-is, because the dropdown is always going to submit a value, which means that is going to be appended to the list url as a filter.

rob?

troester?

-- hugh

So as far as I can tell, if the dropdown is "please select" then it needs to be omitted from the query string on the redirect.

I suspect that you may need to roll your own little PHP submission script for this, building the URL yourself, and fire off a JFactory::getApplication->redirect() by hand.

-- hugh

Or add two redirect plugins with a condition: one on "please select" with jump URL going to the list without dropdown query string appended, the other one with the search data.

I somewhat found a solution and working as needed by me. This is what I did -

1. Created element with dropdown plugin and sub option value set to .*
2. In the validations using regex

This is returning full list. Created more sub options and values as needed. This works fine.

However, I am having a little issue. When I click on submit, the results are shown as expected but alongwith this the filters details are also added just above the list exposing the regex values which I set in elements. This is unwanted. Can you please guide me how do I hide this...? Also after submitting the form, it is reset to the first value of the sub options without clicking on the reset. Please see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Fabrib.png
    Fabrib.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 293
You'll have to either use a custom template, and remove the display of the filter box, or a custom CSS and hide it. Which approach you use depends on whether you want to retain the "Clear Filters" link.

For the settings of the dropdowns, nothing Fabrik itself can really do. Each time the page loads, it's loading the search form from scratch, with no knowledge of what the elements were set to previously. You could probably do it with an eval'ed defaults, which fetch the settings from the query string.

-- hugh

Thanks hugh...
1. Can you point me to tutorials which i can follow to remove display of filter box....?
2. If possible i would like to retain clear filters link or i can remove clear filters link if the reset button does the trick
3.Again a tutorail for this advise "You could probably do it with an eval'ed defaults, which fetch the settings from the query string."
4. If this is to be done at your end what is the amount i need to pay....? Pls advise....

Thanks....

Thanks hugh...
1. Can you point me to tutorials which i can follow to remove display of filter box....?
2. If possible i would like to retain clear filters link or i can remove clear filters link if the reset button does the trick

Just clone a template, see the Wiki for details:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/creating-a-custom-list-template/

... and edit default_filter.php, remove everything except the clear filter link.

3.Again a tutorail for this advise "You could probably do it with an eval'ed defaults, which fetch the settings from the query string."

Can you paste a typical query string (the stuff after the ? on the ur) you get when you do the search.

-- hugh[/quote]

1. ok...Thanks for the link...I will go through it...
Can you paste a typical query string (the stuff after the ? on the ur) you get when you do the search.
This is what I got - ?isMambot=1

Hi Hugh

Cloning the template and editing default_filter.php has done the trick. This is fixed. Please advise on
You could probably do it with an eval'ed defaults, which fetch the settings from the query string.
...Everything else is fixed...Thanks...

Try setting "Append jump url with data".

If you are redirecting to the same page, that should automatically cause the form to default any elements on the query string to those values.

-- hugh

Try setting "Append jump url with data".

If you are redirecting to the same page, that should automatically cause the form to default any elements on the query string to those values.

-- hugh

perfect...working....I am calling this search form by way of a module and shown on the respective list. So there are two sections - on the top is the search form and below is the list...When I clear the filters in the list, it gets cleared in the list and not in the form. I have a Reset button in the form but it does nothing after the query is submitted. So to clear all filters the visitors has to set all the values to its default and submit the query again. In the elements I have default values for all. Is there a way of clearing the filters in the form itself like what we have in list...? Or can I put Clear Filters link in the form itself....? Or any other way....?

Thanks....

Alright...Doesn't matter...I am marking this as solved....Thanks for your help...especially to Hugh who was kind enough to reply very fast though we are globally opposite to each other. Special thanks to him.

Sorry, I thought I'd replied to that previous message.

Unfortunately, there's no way I can think of without a lot of custom coding to make it work that way. We didn't design the search form mechanism to reside on the same page as the list, so there is no direct "connection" between the two.

-- hugh

thanks hugh....thats what i thought....this is not very important for me....i will live with it....thanks once again for the excellent support....

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back