Some parts of your form have not been correctly filled in

united

I have set up 2 validations for an element:
One for ?notempty- and another for ?isuniquevalue-

I have not entered anything in their ?error Message? or ?Condition? fields.

The message ?Some parts of your form have not been correctly filled in? OR "Validation failed" is displayed on the top area of the form before anything is entered.

As soon as I submit an empty form field the message clears.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

hi
Whilst I've seen this issue, I've not been able to fully reproduce how or why it happens. Can I ask you whether you are using the content plugin to embed the form in an article?

-Rob

Hi Rob,

I looked in my plug-in manager and located a Fabrik/content plugin - (it's enabled)
(updated from Git yesterday) and I used the syntax from the instructions {fabrik view=form id=xx} & {fabrik view=list id=xx} and I placed each one inside two different articles.

I used two different articles because I noticed that when I have both
view=list & view=form in the same article the <save> button no longer works (it's disabled).

My local test server setup is:
XAMPP LOCAL
Apache/2.2.21 (Win32), mod_ssl/2.2.21, OpenSSL/1.0.0e, PHP/5.3.8, mod_perl/2.0.4, MySQL Server version: 5.5.16,
MySQL client version: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev, Firefox/8.0
Joomla 1.7.3, Fabrik3-Latest Git

Thank you

Tom

Hi

I'm still not able to replicate this, is there any chance you can make the setup accessible on some hosting? If so can you then pm me ftp and super admin login details so I can debug why its happening

-Rob

It seems to be somehow related to caching.
I can reproduce this:
Joomla caching off, normal menu item call (no content plugin)

add or edit a record, submit with validation error
don't submit a corrected form

go back and edit another record: it will show the right rowid in the URL but shows the data and error message of the previous record

all is ok after deleting com_fabrik Joomla cache

Hi Rob, and thank you,

I have sent you a PM
When you get a chance please reply so I may proceed.

Thank you

I am also getting this message after updating from github.

From pkg_fabrik_3.0.0.1 (downloaded and installed from site) to 3.0b-361-ge53f068 (upgraded from github).

joomla 1.7.0.

Haven't updated Joomla yet.

My form is a 'multi page' form of two groups, none requiring validation.

Was not getting error message before upgrade.

Thank You!

update: have updated to joomla 1.7.3. still getting same message. thank you.

Edit: Resolved problem. Cannot remember how, will post back if i do!

Hi
I dont know if someone will find this usefull, but I was having a similar problem.
After playing around I realised that it was because the file was already uploaded in the folder,
so I changing the parameter in options: if existing image found? to: leave image and increment file name
and that fixed the problem

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back