Subscribe and you get ..... professional and rapid support ?!

Stenner

Well ...

since I have no reply on my ticket... dated 25.06.2007 01:30

http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=773.0

and also no reply on an inquiry to an administrator (via privat email) i am very disapointed about the promised issues to me as an subscriber...

Below I quote from the "why subscribe....."

Subscription is optional and costs only £20/year. With this subscription you will get:

Access to full documentation in PDF format.
..from january 2007 !!!???..

Flash tutorials examining all aspects of using Fabrik
.. on all aspects ? didnt find them all yet !..

Professional and rapid support
..WOW !!! since three days no answer - and also not even a short answer on my direct contact to an admin .. what a support !

Exclusive pre-built Fabrik applications
...didnt find them too...

Exclusive Fabrik plug-ins to extend Fabrik's functionality.
...did i miss something ?

Feature requests - we'll fast track any subscriber's feature request (within reason!)
...aha...

Advanced releases of Fabrik
..we will see..

I dont wanna complain only - the tool is great and would be exactly that what i was looking for ... but...

regards

erwin

I must agree with this post. I was also very disapointed with the extra stuff that should be availible... I have bought better support and additional stuff for 20 british pounds...

I have been a paid member for several months now and I agree with the above postings. I feel it was a waist of cash paying for this subscription because of the lack of support from the Fabrikar.com support team.

Hello,

If you are a subscriber, please post in the subscriber forum located at this link: http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&board=15.0 - this will help subscribers who are experiencing support issues.

For those who have missed some of our more recent general announcements
We are currently experiencing some growing pains and are working on a number of issues - here are a few expamples:
Getting out the official 1.0.4 release
Getting out an upgrade to the manual for the 1.0.4 release
Getting out the 2.0 version for compatibility with Joomla 1.5
Getting out an upgrade to the manual for the 2.0 release

We ask for your patience as it will pay off in spades - we are about to grow considerably and this will allow us to provide allot more support, add many more tutorials, create more plug ins and features, add useful pre-built apps etc... in an increasingly shorter period of time.

So, to everyone out there who may be experiencing growing pains along with us, you can take solace with this knowledge - we are very very active with Fabrik's development, and beyond a shadow of a doubt Fabrik will continue to become more powerful and more useful.

Thanks again for choosing Fabrik,
-Graylan King

Re: Subscribe and you get ..... patience is a virtue.

hey patience is a virtue,
This is a good tool and reasonably priced. I am learning as fast as I can knowing that it has a lot of potential. The answer for quicker response is to have the other experienced users to jump in on the reply wagon and be a part of the success. I hope to be there soon.

Dear all,

I think this is a very useful component. I paid for support when I had a particular issue. After posting a message in the supporters category, I have been waiting for 11 days for a response. I still haven't had any help even after writing a personal message. I am going to have to look for another solution. I'm pretty disappointed and also feel that I have paid for nothing.

I hope these comments might help other users in the future.

Regards,

Luke

Hi Luke,

I'm not sure how you got passed over, but please - if you posted a question and it got missed, please post it again. We have many posts to respond too and everyonce in a while we lose a few. So again, please re-post.

-Graylan King

I'd Just like to say thanks to Rob & Graylan King, you have brought a excellent too to joomla users. I Am well pleased with the support service I have received both from Rob and other users. The support service is friendly and usually very understandable, It must be if I can follow it lol. The development of Fabrik is fast and active, unlike many components for Joomla. If your not an experienced programmer, but want your site to be interactive using database. Then I think Fabrik is the best option out there.

All I can say is keep up the good work guys!

I have contemplated joining also. I can see the value and potential of this app also. I have used joomla for many years going way back to the beginnings of mambo.

I will be buying the support, not cause i expect my questions to get answered but to help support the project. In the mean time i am just learning more about how i can use this to do X. What i have found out over the years using open source software is: sometimes its in finding out how best to describe what your problem is that most helps you find the answer yourself.

So till i do join, my thanks go out to Rob and Graylan for their work and time.

There are a few people here who really help out too in the forums, thanks.

Best way to show support is still the wallet. Now in terms of getting help, sometimes it the noisy wheels that gets the most grease. ;)

Think it's a bit sly that paying members have there own dedicated forum for support issues. Because if they seeking support (on what ever topic) one of us non-paying members won't have access to it. Which kind of defeats the point, the same issues will have to be re-discussed!!!

AND

Just seems like a tactic to keep us from knowing the truth about unhappy subscriptions!

Nice job Erwin S. let the truth be known

No its not "sly" , simply that subscribers naturally have priority. Previously we had a form for them to post questions. We replaced that with the forum board so that at least subscribers can share and trouble shoot problems with us quicker.

I'd love to be able to make this board readable to everyone , but as far as I can figure out this is not possible. If someone out there know how to make one smf group have read only right and another have full rights then please let me know and i will update the forum accordingly

Rob, I think you can make a forum board in SMF read-only to certain group, but you'd probably need to create another membergroup and add all the non-subscribers to it. Which might be a PITA.

And, just to add my opinion, I've gotten rather good support from Rob with my (admittedly n00bish) questions so far. Of course I'm a subscriber. But my one support ticket I've submitted was answered in under 24 hours with exactly the information I needed to hack up a solution.

There's a lot of potential for Fabrik! Even as it is now, this tool is far more intuitive and useful to me than all of the other Joomla/Mambo database extensions. It does exactly what I need "out-of-the-box" as far as database utility, but I'd love to see more information regarding how to style layouts and columns/rows/etc.

Yes, you can in fact:

Using SMF forums, you can have "Local Permissions for group 'xxx' on board 'xxx' "

Do this (I'm using SMF 1.1.3):
Get into the Admin panel.
Select Permissions (under Members)
On the board you want, set it to "Local" permissions. (right hand column, just click the word "Local.")
You get a screen saying "Permissions by Board: xxxx Board", with all of your usergroups listed.
Select the checkboxes for the groups you want to be able to see the board.
Then, if you want those groups to have DIFFERENT permissions than usual for that board, click the "Modify" text on the right hand column.
Then set those local permissions for that group that ONLY take effect on that board. (For example, turn off the "Can Post New Topics" checkbox for the non-subscribing users.)

HTH

I'm seriously thinking about becoming a subscriber to this great component, This is a very powerful component, and the limits are endless. For those of us out there who are not so hot on MySQL and phpadmin, this component is like the bridge link. There are tons of components out there that you have to pay $50 upwards to download and use, this extension has the power to replace all of those, with the ability for cross linking tables, image upload etc, and the ability to provide RSS feeds, are endless. SQL tables and joining table data is not so easy, if you can't imagine how those tables of data connect, if you can.. you can understand what a great script this is.

I agree, and from what I have seen from the developers they are committed to make this a solid and reliable product.

The applications and scenarios to use Fabrik in are really diverse, and I have learned a lot from others in the Fabrik community and seeing how they managed to accomplish their projects! I'm really impressed by some of the sites that have been done.

Regards,
Andre

Hey thanks for that :D

The forum has now been updated to 1.0.3 and guests and normal registered users should be able to see the board - yah!

Rob

PS It is me - just that i was logged in under a test acc!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back