SyntaxError: Unexpected string

SymOn75

Hi,
I've created a phone book with fabrikar few months ago and last week I've updated from github .
Now the JS console displays this error:

SyntaxError: Unexpected string [http://10.2.131.250/intranet/admini...on=com_fabrik&view=list&layout=edit&id=2:154]

If I try to edit my list all tabs are open! (look attached image) and Save / Apply / Save as Copy buttons of joomla core not work!

Joomla version is 2.5.7 and Fabrik version is 3.0.6.
I've tried to re-install too the last fabrik package from site download but issues still remain.

Attachments

• 2012-10-26_121110.png
    2012-10-26_121110.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 158
Yup, I've had that exact same issue, nothing helped unfortunately.

Only solution form me
- was secure joomla installation,
- export and secure respective mysql table in phpmyadmin,
- delete list, forms, elements and drop database table in phpmyadmin,
- re-create the form inside fabrik from scratch
- re-create elements with the exact same structure,
- import previously secured data back into newly created table in phpmyadmin.
- add back all plugins on form and element level

Bit of a bummer really, but for me it was early in the development, so if you have an akeeba that might be your best bet.

Now depending on what else in your structure points at that table there might be issues with that above approach, so you might wait for the gurus here to take a look. I for one wasn't able to fix it in any way unfortunately.

Hi Peter_s,
I've found the cause and, maybe, the solution.
In Javascript Console there is a conflict with readmore button.
I've disabled readmore button in extensions > plugins manager and now it work!
Unfortunately, this solution is not the better, but it's only a bridge to continue my work.

Interesting one, will bookmark, thanks, ;-)

although this should probably be fixed at cause level, eventually.

Odd I'm unable to replicate this one.

Are you sure its the readmore button thats at fault? I would have expected to hear a lot more bug reports from people if we had a conflict with a core Joomla editor plugin.

Did you have any other plugins installed? Did you go through the checklist of things to check at this wiki page http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/reporting-bugs/

I'm not an expert developper, but I found this Syntax Error with js console of my browser.
After I disabled readmore button, Fabrik runs very well and the tabs of my list are not all open.
I checked my installed plugins and noone of these creates Syntax Error.

Members online

No members online now.
Back